Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT: Denver drug addict mailman gets probation for stealing mail

derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2019 8:37AM in U.S. Coin Forum

The court was told even after being caught stealing mail and put on desk duty he managed to get ahold of mailbox keys and steal some more.

"Younger has found a new job delivering for Amazon. Prosecutors questioned whether the new employer
should be informed about the crime he had committed."

Probation? Should prosecutors inform new employer?

Denver needs smarter prosecutors.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t forget to give him access to your house with Amazons new delivery service where they go into your home. NOT!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

New employer needs to run background check and drop employees before hiring

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you kidding?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they should be notified... he is on probation for theft..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

So much for rehab to keep a decent job

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jail time, No... we don't want to inhibit this mans ability to victimize others. It might hurt his psychie :s

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised as that should be a felony conviction as tampering with the US mail or mailboxes covers stiff penalties for US citizens. This criminal must have fallen through the cracks. Think of all the people who set their hearts on getting mail..

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon customers deserve better.

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

what the heck has happened to this nation when the "feelings" of the convicted are more important that the safty of the innocent?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

A bit OT:

“NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Porch pirates beware, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has signed House Bill 37 into law, making it a felony to steal mail and packages from someone’s property.

Now anyone convicted of package theft will face anywhere from 6 months to 10 years in prison and fines of up to $10,000. The severity of the punishment depends on how many times a theft was committed and the value of the stolen item/items.

Currently in Texas package theft is prosecuted similar to shoplifting, with a Class C Misdemeanor ticket or a Class B Misdemeanor charge.”

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/06/19/new-law-porch-pirates-texas-felony/

• Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Just like the Gun laws we have on the books the Judges do not enforce the set in place penalties and give most of the felons a walk through, I know that most Texans would "Protect" things left on their Porches as anyone has the Right to do. Like the post said Porch Pirates Beware. The Mail person should have been put behind bars.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

He will be a good fit at Amazon. Bezos and him will become fast friends.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

You get a Felony conviction on your record for stealing mail. Background checks anyone????

What does that say about hiring practices for delivery services???

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file