Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Libertas Americana Silver Medal.....

KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 4th sample of Libertas Americana medal (3 silver and 1 bronze) restrike. This came in a presentation case and numbered certificate of authenticity but I don't know when this was restrike. It is a 42.8mm medal and 45.86grams in silver in green presentation case. Any information is greatly appreciated and thanks.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 9:49PM

Paris Mint. Struck in 2000 I believe. 2500 copies if so

I think these are actually 45.86mm in diameter and 42.8 grams of silver

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice piece @Knell .... I love them all :)

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wondered if it's the same one I have B) Hey ...... nice seeing you back !

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be careful. You can catch the bug very easily. The fever can burn very hot. Though it is a delightful sickness you really don't want to cure..

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice medal.... They look good in those green velvet cases.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman
    Hey thanks for the info. I also got my numbers mixed up reading from the cert

@Paradisefound Thanks. It looks like the same one with cert #392. I thought I was happy with the bronze sample until I saw a photo of your collection of Libertas you posted awhile back. Just gonna have to save some $$$$ for a gold sample.
    Thanks to all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file