Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Mailing name/address for complaint to USMint leadership?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had some issues and found MANY problems in their process and tired of dealing with CSRs that have no power over things.
Anyone ( @msmorrisine maybe?) have a name and mailing address of someone to address these 2? Looking at the USMint's website, they list some names (David Ryder - Director, and maybe Matthew Holben - Associate Director, Sales & Marketing) but no way to contact them (mail or anything).

When I asked the CSR tonight, I got a name for "James Pressley" and an address in DC, but no title was known when I asked......

So, shooting in the dark to see if anyone has any info on this. Thx

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you get a hold of them, let them know I’m still waiting on my “emailed” return label for the silver liberty!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    If you get a hold of them, let them know I’m still waiting on my “emailed” return label for the silver liberty!

Finally got mine yesterday. Only 6 more weeks before I hear back. Lol.

Still waiting for the refund for 2 missing Pride of 2 Nations sets fron 7/29 and 7/31. That's the CNR date, not the original ship date.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 7:39PM

@Bochiman said:
    When I asked the CSR tonight, I got a name for "James Pressley" and an address in DC, but no title was known when I asked......

According to Mr. Di Altone (Complaint manger)

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah they hit your credit card in seconds when you place an order now and it has taken me at least twice calling customer service to get an email return label and then waited weeks after that to get a refund.
    But hey, don’t let that scare you on the reverse proof Palladium.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:
    Had some issues and found MANY problems in their process and tired of dealing with CSRs that have no power over things.
    Anyone ( @msmorrisine maybe?) have a name and mailing address of someone to address these 2? Looking at the USMint's website, they list some names (David Ryder - Director, and maybe Matthew Holben - Associate Director, Sales & Marketing) but no way to contact them (mail or anything).

Google is your friend. From his LinkedIn Page:
    James Pressley
    Retail Sales Manager at United States Mint

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 8:04PM

This needs to go to the top. Send Mr. Trump a tweet. Tell him you know Otis.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t waste your time.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should threaten to boycott mint all products. That will get their attention. ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    You should threaten to boycott mint all products. That will get their attention. ;)

Well, we already appear to have more people boycotting Mint products than buying them...

Frankly, if I'm the Mint, I probably don't care. As a business, they shouldn't be releasing one-tenth of the numismatic issues that they do because they are money losers. The only reason they do is that Congress forces them to do it.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I truly am sorry for all the mint miscues, but ever since I swore off buying anything from them, my life has one less stressor in it.
    US mint - who cares? I can get everything they produce in the secondary market with zero drama.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I no longer do much business with the mint....However, I seem to see an increasing amount of complaints about their service and quality.....Perhaps the new director will be addressing these issues soon. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

and Cameonut should get a POTD!!! :)

I gave up on the Mint about 20 years ago. you guys are either slow learners or enjoy frustration

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@PerryHall said:

Well, we already appear to have more people boycotting Mint products than buying them...

Frankly, if I'm the Mint, I probably don't care. As a business, they shouldn't be releasing one-tenth of the numismatic issues that they do because they are money losers. The only reason they do is that Congress forces them to do it.

Did you see my winky emoji? When I said that you should threaten to boycott all mint products, that would include your pocket change. I was of course being facetious. :)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dug the address out of the interwebs once, but I don't have it handy. I think most of the mint brass are actually in DC now, not Philly.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:

I send emails and letters to the mint but have a wonderful relationship with them so will not break that sacrament. You can mail a hand written letter to the Mint and they do pass them along. If you want help on your issue PM me and I will help put one together for/ with you.

I can tell you that many of my suggestions have made positive impact in 2019 but I deal mostly in bulk so without knowing your issue cannot comment further here.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file