Home Precious Metals

Gold Futures vs. Dollar Index Chart - last 5 days

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 30, 2019 2:03PM in Precious Metals

dollar index - purple

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is A Coordinated Dollar Devaluation Secretly In The Works?

"The bottom line, at least to Std Chartered's FX team is the intellectual consensus at Jackson Hole that lower US rates and a weaker USD were desirable. Not all proposal solutions look practical to, but the takeaway is that there is a growing consensus that a weaker US dollar would be a good idea, and policy makers are beginning to look for a way to implement it. In other words, instead of a sharp drop in the yuan, don't be surprised to wake up one morning and see your favorite dollar index devalued by about 10% against all of its currency pairs."

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the communist was rooting for a weak dollar just a few short weeks ago? Wrong direction, like bigly. tweet tweet! lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said before, attempts by government led teams to intervene in the FX markets have worked only for a couple of weeks at best. After that the FX markets overwhelm the efforts.

The way to manipulate a currency up or down is to do something crazy with money and monetary policy.

Is it secretly in the works? That's speculation.

Anyway, one doesn't secretly lead a team to manipulate a currency. One goes a loud and proud to get the jawboning effect, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will just sit comfortably and watch the show.....Something is going to happen, and I cannot impact it in any way. Cheers, RickO