Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

USMint 2018 $1 Innovation Coin Reverse Proof - invisible coin?

KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received 1 of the 2 sets ordered missing the coin, anyone else experience this?
Should I send OGP with invisible coin for grading?
Major error?

Also on the second order/package, ordered 3 sets and ONLY Received 1 set and NO Packing slip/receipt (submitted CNR with USMint already).

All 5 of USMint order in the month of August has problems: Native American Coin & Currency set dollars being off center display packaging, missing sets of $1 Innovation and missing coin in the set, Silver Liberty Medal has some sort of milk spots. What is going on with the US Mints quality????

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing... That is a lot of problems... their fulfillment center evidently has no quality control processes. Have you received acknowledgement yet from the Mint? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I got my Innovacion set and there was actually a coin in it. As far as the liberty medals, yeah mine was spotted it was really sad to see the spotting occurring that quickly although it saved me a lot of future trouble.
    And because of this forum, I was unwilling to leave my Mint box sealed which was a stellar plan.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now THAT'S a special finish!

• Options

@ricko said:
    Amazing... That is a lot of problems... their fulfillment center evidently has no quality control processes. Have you received acknowledgement yet from the Mint? Cheers, RickO

Their fulfillment people are awful. In the last year, I've had 3 packages arrive without the right number of items in it. I'm still waiting for 2 of the 3 refunds.

That said, I'm not sure whether to blame the invisible coin on the Fulfillment people or the Mint. The fulfillment people just pack and ship, they don't fill the capsules.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

I blame the high potency pot.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:
    I blame the high potency pot.

Hmmmm....does smoke cause milk spots....???

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Increased production of many things at the Mint/BEP but seemingly a lack of effective quality control.

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko just sent CNR with the US Mint, probably a day or 2 before they reply.

As far as sealed US Mint boxes, I have a few that I did not bother opening due to low value and I just got lazy opening them. I will be opening them this weekend and deal with it from there.

Thanks.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint says they've fixed the coin and currency set problem. They are assembled by hand and they weren't using enough pressure on the self-adhesive currency holder. They're now using a roller to complete the assembly process.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

There just might be an Innovation RP package with two coins jammed in it.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    There just might be an Innovation RP package with two coins jammed in it.

Now that’ll be something to see!

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

You opened it and lost the chance of mint error label. Should had sent to our host sealed. lol

• Options

@TurboSnail said:
    You opened it and lost the chance of mint error label. Should had sent to our host sealed. lol

Would they have slabbed the empty capsule or just returned an empty slab?

Would the grade be a 70 or is it maxxed out at 65 due to missing eye appeal?

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 9:57AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@TurboSnail said:
    You opened it and lost the chance of mint error ** label**. Should had sent to our host sealed. lol

Would they have slabbed the empty capsule or just returned an empty slab?

Would the grade be a 70 or is it maxxed out at 65 due to missing eye appeal?

I was hoping for an 100% clipped planchet label. lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file