Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shout Out to Todd Pollock (BluCC)

AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 29, 2019 12:31AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I recently bought an 1879-S Morgan from a local seller, as discussed here: forums.collectors.com/discussion/1024241/1879-s-morgan-thoughts#latest

@cameonut2011 rightly pointed out that the glamour shots were the work of Todd Pollock. Because the seller did not have the hi-res version of those photos, I contacted Todd who quickly found the seven-year-old pics and sent them my way. A grateful shout out to Todd!

(Edited to correct “BluCC”)

Smitten with DBLCs.

Comments

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very good! Is the coin closer to Todd's pics or the darker ones?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todd’s done some very nice work for me over the years, also, along with a few favors thrown in.
    I second the shout out!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭

Todd is a good man, as well as an excellent photographer!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

He takes good pictures.

• Options

@skier07 said:
    He takes good pictures.

That has long been one of my favourite coins.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todd's photographic work is well known here, and always exceptional. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Todd does a great job.

• Options
    csanotescsanotes Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

Getting some of my coins photographed by Todd is on the short list of things to do. His work is awesome.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@csanotes said:
    Getting some of my coins photographed by Todd is on the short list of things to do. His work is awesome.

Send me that GSA in your icon pic!

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options

@ChrisH821 said:

Good question! Unfortunately not yet in hand. Should have it tomorrow...

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have never been disappointed by Todd's pics!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    csanotescsanotes Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

@blu62vette said:

@csanotes said:

Send me that GSA in your icon pic!

For you to photograph the GSA....or keep it?! Haha! It is a helluva nice CC Morgan.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

We highly recommend Todd's images. Great value too.

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options

@ChrisH821 said:

As I removed the coin from its padded package, the first thing I saw was darkness and my initial feeling was disappointment. But, as I tilted the coin in the light, it simply came alive. More lustre than expected and truly amazing colouration. If anything, it's nicer than i imagined it would be. (In short, closer to Todd's pics.)

Smitten with DBLCs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file