We are heading into de basement.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

A numismatist is never afraid of change.

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Does anyone around here remember Brooks Robinson? He is regarded as the greatest defensive third baseman in baseball history. He played for the Baltimore Orioles. His nickname was Mr. Hoover. He was featured in an article in Sport magazine that I read sometime in the 1960's. I'll never forget it. In the article he mentioned that one of his children had swallowed some coins. The child was taken to the doctor. The doctor's advise; look through the kid's stool until you find the coins. I never understood the logic behind that but here's the joke.

Brooks Robinson's kid swallowed some coins. The doctor tells Mrs. Robinson to look for the coins in the child's stool. One day passes. No coins found. Two days pass, still no coins. On the third day Brooks gets home from the game and asks his wife about the child's condition. Her reply, "No change."

Brooks owned the real estate within 50 feet of third. GOAT.

thefinn
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    A thief, a liar, and a cheat walk into the bar and take a stool. The bartender asks : " so what is my favorite coin dealer having ? "

(Okay, I just made that up, but it could happen ).

I've seen variations of this joke with "lawyer", "congressman", among others in place of "coin dealer". :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    A thief, a liar, and a cheat walk into the bar and take a stool. The bartender asks : " so what is my favorite coin dealer having ? "

I heard it as "Oh, the three of you again? Coin Club night?"

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Robinson joke is a variation of what I tell pediatricians on abdominal x-rays on kids.

If they've swallowed a coin or 2, after it passes, I tell them "No change", meaning the coins have passed and are no longer in the patient. Same inference in the joke - no "change" in the stool.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Got to be everything put out by the US Mint , along with the outdated notion you can flip it for a nice profit.

These days , most folks don't want Coins at face value.

Give them Bitcoin though, watch em go into "Enron" mode. ,

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat from last time. A guy called his girlfriend a two bit tramp and she hit him with a bag of quarters.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you call a guy walking down the bourse with a RedBook??
    --- a sucker.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 3:01PM

Somebody telling me their rip off offer / scam sell or racket is “what the market” is going with (dictates).

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see my contribution (young woman who collected a quarter from "everyone") has been removed. I didn't think it was that risque but apparently it was beyond the level acceptability. My apologies!

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Morgan is at least two grades under graded.

• Options
    slider23slider23 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭

I spent most of my money on gambling, booze and coins, the rest I just wasted.

• Options
    CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 5:00PM

Q: Two coins add up to 30 cents, and one is not a nickel. What are they?

A: A quarter and a nickel. The quarter isn't a nickel.

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

I apologize in advance :D
    So this young streetwalker walks into a bank and she's dragging a 50 pound bag of quarters behind her and she plops them up on the counter of the tellers cage and say she wants to deposit them into her account, so the teller starts counting them and making small talk throughout the transaction and says "my my you sure have hoarded a lot quarters" and she say's "well to be truthful my sister helped whored some too"

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@CCGGG said:

Q: Two coins add up to 30 cents, and one is not a nickel. What are they?

A: A quarter and a nickel. The quarter isn't a nickel.

I was going to guess a dime and a twenty cent piece. ;)

I like it.................but not many 'common' folk would understand the logic.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

2000 nickels are worth $100

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

POOF! :#

@ColonelJessup said:
    My mom, a lovely refined lady of 84 years old, told me this, though her punch line used a lawyer, but it zinged with a word I never before in my entire life had heard her previously utter.

A lovely refined lady (no higher praise, of course) in her child-bearing years visits a doctor for a pelvic exam in anticipation of her third marriage.
    Having re-robed, she joins him in his office, and he expresses some confusion.

"Madam", he says," I found you quite healthy, but my examination contradicts the medical history you gave me. I understood you to tell me you were marrying for the third time, yet I found you intact, a virgin. This cannot be"

"Doctor" she replies "it most certainly can, and is, and is actually quite simple to explain".

"But....."

"Please.
    As I said, it's quite simple.
    My first husband, like you, was a gynecologist, and all he wanted to do was look at it.
    And my second husband was a psychiatrist, and frankly, all he wanted to do was talk about it.
    But now, I'm going to be marrying a coin dealer, and I know I'm going to get f@@ked"

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yah, enjoy it while you can.
    UnPC, it's not that we're offended, as much as we're offended on behalf of the victims in this little tale.. those sensitive coin dealers 😉

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 11:02AM

Just noting the Second Amendment implications of the Aristotle-attributed quote by @abcde12345 above. I expect Wayne LaPierre to weaponize it without grasping the intended sarcasm. >:)

:#

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 1:43PM

Presidential dollars. They aren't my favorite but they're still a joke.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that the U.S. mint makes Lincoln penny’s for the price of more than what they are worth Makes No Cents

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

From Futurama:

Professor (looking up at Fry from below):
    "Fry, you have a dime up your nose."

Fry (dejectedly):
    "I wish !"
    "Its a nickel !"

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 8:22PM

What side of a 25c coin is pro football; The Quarter Back

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the favorite old Scottish football cheer?

"Get that quarter back ! , Get that quarter back !"

• Options
    TOMTJCTOMTJC Posts: 22 ✭✭✭

what did delaware
    her new jersey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file