Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

And the winners are...Announcing the Annual PCGS Set Registry Awards

SetRegistryManagerSetRegistryManager Posts: 168 mod
edited August 27, 2019 12:22PM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

Greetings Fellow Collectors and Set Registry Members!

The 2019 Annual PCGS Set Registry Awards have been finalized and are now viewable on the 2019 Award Winners page. In a few days, we will be sending out an email announcement to all PCGS Set Registry Members announcing the 2019 winners. Until then, click the link above to see all the winning sets and collections of 2019.

All 2019 Gold, Platinum and Best of the Registry winners should now see 2019 award icons next to their winning sets. We will be posting the 10 Year Anniversary Recipient award icons within the next few days as well.

With over 20,000 participating members, 1.6 million registered coins, over 100,000 registered sets and over 40,000 of those sets with a completion rate of 90-100%, the 2019 awards have been another for the record books!

Thank you to everyone that participates in the PCGS Set Registry, big and small collectors alike. Without our members and their participation, the PCGS Set Registry would not be what it is today!

Congratulations to all the 2019 Annual PCGS Set Registry Award winners!

David Talk
PCGS Set Registry Manager

Comments

• THOUGHT 2020 RESULTS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE OUT MID-AUGUST? WHAT HAPPENED? THANKS OLD COIN DAWG.

• I called them yesterday. The rep told me that they are almost ready and the results will be announced in a week or two. Fingers crossed.

• Yes, Old Coin Dawg, I agree, the timeline posted on the website was mid August. If it were a normal year, plaques would have had to have been prepared by the ANA show in early August. In the mean time, there has been no further announcement or update on timelines for the announcement of winners.
    Hurry up and wait.... 🙄

• yevrahyevrah Posts: 143 ✭✭

DL Hansen coins are no longer in their sets per Current Standings requires, So that being the cased, why are DL Hansen sets still in the Current Standings? They all should be retired. No disrespect to Mr Hansen. Just fairness is required for this Registry to be fun!

yevrah/harvey

ebay ID: 78terp
    ANA # R-3143946

1899 Mint Set
  • WELL CANNONBALL I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ON THIS ONE, IT IS HURRY UP & WAIT. MY FINGERNAILS ARE GONE ALREADY WITH THIS WAITING STUFF. I GUESS WE JUST HAVE TO MANY MEMBERS NOW! ---------- LOL
    MAYBE WE WILL HEAR SOMETHING SOON. OLDCOINDAWG.

• Well, we are now well past mid-September, over a SOLID month past the last online post / statement by PCGS that winners would be announced - with no announcements, no updates, no apologies, no NOTHING.
    The silence from PCGS is DEAFENING in terms of collectors asking amongst themselves: "what is REALLY going on at PCGS?!?!?!"
    Are the awards not important anymore, irrelevant? And does anyone at PCGS even care?
    Or will they just be quietly mailed so that MAYBE we get them by Christmas - NEXT YEAR????

• COME ON CANNONBALL DON'T GET ALL SOUR GRAPES ON US, CAN'T GET GOOD WINE FROM SOUR GRAPES. THIS YEAR EVERYTHING WENT COVID -------------------- REMEMBER, HANG ON WE WILL GET IT. THE OLD COIN DAWG ---------- STILL IN THE HUNT.

• Hi everyone, just wanted to take a quick moment to jump in here, as I am just getting started with overseeing Set Registry for both PCGS & PSA.

As you may or may not know, there have been many changes recently to the team here, which has contributed to a delay in announcements for the 2020 PCGS Set Registry Awards. Combined with COVID 19 and the cancelling of key industry events, then we have hit an unfortunate trifecta with regards to this announcement.

We appreciate your patience while we get things back on track with regards to the 2020 awards. I don't want to start off by making a promise for a new date just yet, but I'm working on getting the answers.

I honor your commitment to collecting with us, and the passion that you have for our Set Registry is both incredible and impressive. I'm looking forward to working with you and am grateful for the opportunity to do so. My virtual door is open to you to engage and connect with me here and via email or phone.

Best regards,

Jamie Kiskis

• Jamie - Thanks for the update. What you wrote is understandable given everything that is happening. I was a bit concerned with the lack of a status communication coming from PCGS. It is good to get the information, much appreciated.