Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019-W 25c Guam War In The Pacific - First "W" mint for me.

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found my first "W" mint quarter last night and it was one of the more recent ones versus one of the first ones released. Sorry, no image yet, I left it at the house. I found it in a solid roll of 2019-D 25c Guam War In The Pacific quarters. The usual, kinda beat up, versus nicely struck Denver mint, but, you gotta start somewhere!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the W find @oih82w8!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations.... Nice roll find....I have been meaning to get some quarter rolls... maybe today, got a lot of stuff to do, so a stop at the bank could happen....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 12:37PM

A friend of mine knew I was looking for these, and he's kept his eyes open for them. About a month ago, he found the War In The Pacific 2019-W and gave it to me. I have to look it over under a strong light and magnification, but at first glance it's a really nice example. The bad news is that he's been gloating ever since that he found a "W" quarter and that I haven't found any yet!

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Just got my first 2019 W Guam War in the Pacific Quarter today. Found in change from the Self-Checkout machine at the Safeway in Gilroy CA. I apologize in advance for the poor quality of the images...

• Options

Congrats @rln_14!

Three more to go (Idaho has not been released yet.)

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    Congrats @rln_14!

Three more to go (Idaho has not been released yet.)

Thanks, can you tell me where to find the other three? 😁

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@rln_14 said:

Yes- go to Ebay. ;)

No San Antonio W yet at my "Right Coast" locale. Did find a scatter few of the first 3 Ws thou.

• Options

@Sweetpie said:

@rln_14 said:

Yes- go to Ebay. ;)

No San Antonio W yet at my "Right Coast" locale. Did find a scatter few of the first 3 Ws thou.

This W quarter sourcing is interesting because the sellers I see are mainly central US. The other W quarters mainly were east coast.

Just a low level, not based on any science, opinion.

• Options
    nickelsciolistnickelsciolist Posts: 195 ✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2019 5:58PM

Haven't been on the site for a while...but glad to see others interested in these and that I am not the only nerd going through rolls looking for them. I have so far found 3, all Lowell. I found 2 in the first box I searched which got my hopes up pretty high. Ha, jokes on me, many boxes later till I found the third.

So...opinions please...is getting rolls from the bank the best way to look for these? And if so, has anyone struck on a way to increase the odds of getting newer rolls? One guy at our local club found a whole roll of them, or so he says! He sold them all at about 20 bucks each, not a bad return! Me I just want some to keep...though if I found a whole roll like that I'd probably sell some.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the find, nice to see that these are making it out to the wilds.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options

@nickelsciolist said:
    Haven't been on the site for a while...but glad to see others interested in these and that I am not the only nerd going through rolls looking for them. I have so far found 3, all Lowell. I found 2 in the first box I searched which got my hopes up pretty high. Ha, jokes on me, many boxes later till I found the third.

So...opinions please...is getting rolls from the bank the best way to look for these? And if so, has anyone struck on a way to increase the odds of getting newer rolls? One guy at our local club found a whole roll of them, or so he says! He sold them all at about 20 bucks each, not a bad return! Me I just want some to keep...thought if Ii found a roll like that I'd probably sell some.

There are several threads on the W quarters. @derryb posted some good information here: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12440662/#Comment_12440662

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file