Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

3,000 Giveaway and this will include a 2019-W. We have a Winner Musky1011 & Mainejim

KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 4, 2019 9:37AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Been out of pocket a while taking care of something as we all have life events that pull us away from our Passion so this one will be a little different. Anyone can enter and all I ask is for inspiration thoughts Ideas and what your happy about in your 2019 coin collection, share a coin or just words of advice. That’s it.

So the Prize will be something containing a 2019-W clad coin for Type set. I was thinking of creating a set using some generic Whitman holder. Maybe a S a D P and a W clad coins. Might have a runner up to send as well. Just waiting for my last 100 bag shipped today to fit a few slots. I will give you some options if you win. So that’s it. Pretty simple. Expected date of drawing is a week from.

![](https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/01/

Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member

Comments

• Options
    TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

I will start. I am happy with the support that I have been given here on the site. Especially in helping to encourage my daughter Emily in her collection. In 2019, she has completed her Whitman Jefferson folder, the 2nd folder for Lincolns, and just yesterday got a lot of help in finishing the 2nd folder for Washington Quarters! I found my first W in a Lowell at the grocery store where I shop. Haven’t found in others but I am still looking. My Lincoln Proof set and my Bust Half set (I know this is a weird combination) have really made great strides. I have learned that quality is key in my purchases. Thanks to all on the site, 2019 has been a big year in my (our) collections.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like this raw pickup that I recently got at a local coin show:

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm happy that coin shows are still around and that I am still able to go

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @Kkathyl for this unique contest.... That 'War in the Pacific W' quarter is awesome...Very appealing to military people....I am particularly interested in the W coins and am building a complete set...Of course I am hoping the nickel will be issued with a W to complete the series.....I long since got away from set building, but the W coins brought me back. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2019 7:11AM

Something that has helped me is all the great bank tellers from my area so far this year they have saved me a silver certificate, 1964 quarter, a couple Eisenhower’s, 2019 W AMP, and some halves to search... have yet to get a silver half yet. If a bank teller reading this thank you. Thank you for the giveaway!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx for the contest!

I am grateful for having this forum to bounce ideas around in.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your contest I'm in. I am so grateful when I can enter a contest without having to work to enter it.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2019 8:30AM

Congrats on the milestone, Kkathyl!

If I'm selected, please donate my prize to the YN of your choice.

From the 7070:

From the backyard:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get great pleasure out of showing unique researched coins to family and friends. Everyone appreciates the history behind an historic minted coin. I can't get in the house without showing my wife Jill what I've dug. In return, today she found a nice star note for my collection. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kathy congratulations on your 3,000th post.
    In 2019, coin collecting has been really fun especially when spent reading and participating (a little) on this great forum of courteous, knowledgable and patient members :)

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭

I am eternally grateful to my deceased Father-in-law who introduced me to coin collecting many moons ago.

Thank you for consideration in your give away. HM

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    I get great pleasure out of showing unique researched coins to family and friends. Everyone appreciates the history behind an historic minted coin. I can't get in the house without showing my wife Jill what I've dug. In return, today she found a nice star note for my collection. Peace Roy

Fantastic find for Her sound like your planting seeds for the future of collectors.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@ricko said:
    Thank you @Kkathyl for this unique contest.... That 'War in the Pacific W' quarter is awesome...Very appealing to military people....I am particularly interested in the W coins and am building a complete set...Of course I am hoping the nickel will be issued with a W to complete the series.....I long since got away from set building, but the W coins brought me back. Cheers, RickO

That sounds like a great campaign on part of US mint. They have added some great staff this year launching bulk packs timely and ensuring they deliver product faster. I have sent notes in hope to make Rogers note history files 20-30 years from today. You never know.

Kathy

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@johnny9434 said:
    I'm happy that coin shows are still around and that I am still able to go

Chicago seems to have doubled the traffic from what I see on backside great signs for the industry indeed

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 3000 & nice giveaway! :)
    Don't even think about giving me any quarters! I can send you a few :D

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 12:20PM

All I can advise the younger generation is if modern coins brought you into collecting be sure you alternate your purchases and find an older series that you can start on. You may find that some series are easier to put together than you think. They may be less expensive also.

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very creative, very well done, Paradise. :)

What kind of bird is the red one?

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options

If I'm selected, please donate my prize to the YN of your choice.

That works for me too, Kkatyl.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mr1874 a cardinal?

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful work PF. I for one am glad you follow your muse> @Paradisefound said:

..... so generous of you @Kkathyl <3 I am grateful for being able to tap into the sea of knowledge here and creating a numismatist friendship along the way.
    Thank you CU for being supportive; providing the platform for us to convey and share our passions.

VIVA FAMILY & LOVE

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28, 2019 3:31PM

Thanks for the contest and congrats on #3,000. Here's five of my favorites:

"If you want to truly change your life, you must first be willing to change your mind"
    Donald Altman

"Prayer does not necessary change things for you, it changes you for things"
    Unknown

"Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."
    Henry Ford

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow."
    Benjamin Franklin

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears."
    Les Brown

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

@mr1874 a cardinal?

Of course, a Cardinal. How could I be such a dunderhead? We've got Cardinals where I live.

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

Research,research,research... then buy coins

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2019 4:52AM

When the time comes, i'll tell you all about the birds that would perch on the power lines that ran next to my house.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is a significant Cardinal population in Hawaii. They would have been planted there by humans though as I can't imagine the birds migrating to Hawaii from the contiguous United States.

A person who can draw or paint an animal of any kind and make them appear realistic and lifelike has got quite a talent. I paint a horse in acrylic and someone is likely to say to me, "what is it?"

One painting I would like to have made is the eagle (American Bald) and crow I saw squaring off on a mountain road over who gets the road kill they both have found. What a sight to behold!

• Options
    MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity
    I'm thankful for all the insight, information and the generosity of the people on this site. It has been invaluable to me as a fairly new collector.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to a wonderful coin family @Mjwags :)

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW...3000 posts and climbing! Whew, congrats to a lotta posts! I am also happy to have found this group and just this year joined membership to PCGS and for my first grading, got a couple Apollos in 70. I've got a lot to learn about collecting but learn something practically every time I'm here. :)

• Options

Ok we put together a few things here for the Giveaway. Winner can choose to take both items with the W qtr or can take one and take one with silver. Either way we will have 2 prizes. Also anyone wanting any S Texas qtr send DM I will mail out no charge.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

S look good

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

A forum member offered me this tough R4+ 1832 O.117 in an OGH recently. I told the member I'd buy it sight unseen for price $x but when it arrived I sent a check for $x+500.
    Lance.

• Options

We will cut off the drawing after today so if your not already comment here, please do so by midnight. I’m grateful for all of you and our Host for having such a fantastic forum.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the good karma your bringing to the forum. As strange as it might sound I mostly pull my collection from circulation finds. I still get a kick out of finding a wheat cent in my change.

Jim

• Options

Here We go
    25 entries

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Winner is 20

Congratulations @Musky1011

Next runner up

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Runner up is
    @MaineJim

DM me address

@Musky1011 DM me your address and preference on the winning. You get Two of the Three items Here:

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Thank you all for participating out of the 25 entries the Total of posts together is 147,824. Great amount of posts !

Enjoy your Labor Day.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the winners

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

congrats to Musky 1011! kkathyl's karma has come through here since 1+0+1+1=3.

Three happens to be the number of the Universe.

Hmmm....1011. Ten and eleven are my guesses for number of steeping stones around Paradise's house. Makes me want to make a third choice for Paradise's contest.

In fairness to other contestants and in accordance with the KISS principle though, I'll let my 10 and 11 stand as my only choices in Paradise's contest.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance and I’m sure good Karma is on your way. 😁

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the winners! And what a lot of posts we have !!! And a quick nod of my hat to @ricko with 68 thousand posts!!! He's everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

@2dueces said:
    I’m grateful every day for just being able here. I had a heart attack 6 years ago and flatlined for 23 minutes. I pay it forward every chance I get and have noticed the Karma has paid me back 1000 fold. Happy my hand is still steady enough to do another passion of mine. Painting to calm the nerves.

Love your painting!!!!!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Congrats to the winners! And what a lot of posts we have !!! And a quick nod of my hat to @ricko with 68 thousand posts!!! He's everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

@2dueces said:
    I’m grateful every day for just being able here. I had a heart attack 6 years ago and flatlined for 23 minutes. I pay it forward every chance I get and have noticed the Karma has paid me back 1000 fold. Happy my hand is still steady enough to do another passion of mine. Painting to calm the nerves.

Love your painting!!!!!

Thank you very much!!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this kind of stuff....................well done.

Gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling without drinking any wine.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the winners and thank you @Kkathyl for a neat and fun contest. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Kkathyl - you put a smile on my face!

Jim

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the winners and thx for the contest.

• Options
    TestoonTestoon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

Congratulations to the winners! Thank you for the contest!

Bill
    witty quote goes here

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file