Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:
    So when Tom Brady finally announces that he's retiring, if this is the new way of doing things in the NFL, what is Kraft now going to have to give him as a going away present?

240 million?

Not enough

How about the state of Massachusetts? :)

Oh he can have it! I mean I’d take a C Note over the State of Massachusetts 🙄

The descendants of the Pilgrims are going to be very upset with you for saying that. ;)

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:
    So when Tom Brady finally announces that he's retiring, if this is the new way of doing things in the NFL, what is Kraft now going to have to give him as a going away present?

240 million?

Not enough

How about the state of Massachusetts? :)

Oh he can have it! I mean I’d take a C Note over the State of Massachusetts 🙄

The descendants of the Pilgrims are going to be very upset with you for saying that. ;)

My forefathers who carried muskets would have understood 🤨

• Options

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/andrew-luck-retirement-decision-under-fire.amp I’m glad someone is talking straight and throwing out what needs to be said

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure that Andrew Luck couldn't care less what Steve Beuerlein thinks. LOL

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I'm sure that Andrew Luck couldn't care less what Steve Beuerlein thinks. LOL

Right ? Steve who? Is that the dude that whined about Brady's deflated balls?

Career backup throws shade at superstar , update at 11

• Options

Obviously Luck doesn’t care what anyone thinks but either way that’s what a former player had to say in regards to screwing over everyone like he did.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Obviously Luck doesn’t care what anyone thinks but either way that’s what a former player had to say in regards to screwing over everyone like he did.

you are on the same page as mike felger :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

you are on the same page as mike felger :D

Noooooooo! I cannot stand Felger!! 🤬

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Tough to see the fans response to this, he was banged up regularly. I think they will regret once it sinks in, probably the initial shock lead to the boos. If had been announced, like Gronk, taken a little easier by fans.

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Tough to see the fans response to this, he was banged up regularly. I think they will regret once it sinks in, probably the initial shock lead to the boos. If had been announced, like Gronk, taken a little easier by fans.

Ofcourse it would have been taken better had he given them some time to find a replacement, Gronk didn’t screw everyone over.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    The 2019 season just ended for the Indianapolis Colts. The last time he was out, they finished at the bottom of their division. It sucks for the fans, and I understand their frustration. He should have retired at the end of last season.

Still I can understand his concerns. Pro football is a life shortening sport for many who play it. If Luck no longer wants to put his body on the line, I can respect that. Still his timing was lousy.

Agreed. It is the timing that is the worst part of the decision

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

The timing was unfortunate, but I'm sure Luck reported to camp ready to give 100%.
    Then he quickly suffers another injury, and he starts thinking, I'm not sure I can do this another year.
    Actually better for the team that he retired when he did instead of having a guy that might not be
    willing to give 100% anymore. He might start playing with his first thought being, "Don't get injured",
    and that could greatly affect his performance.

• Options

why all the tears about timing? Doesn't this happen every year with Luck and the Colts after 5 years + where did the sudden misplaced confidence come from?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rumors are that Gronk may be wanting to return already.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:

The Pats offense looks to be better than ever, 3 big 6 + Foot Receivers plus Edelman in the slot, I’m sure Gronk is thinking about how good they would be. Honestly I doubt it will happen though, he is a spokesman for a cannabis company talking about how it helps him with his injuries now I think? It’s probably just a rumor.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@grote15 said:

The Pats offense looks to be better than ever, 3 big 6 + Foot Receivers plus Edelman in the slot, I’m sure Gronk is thinking about how good they would be. Honestly I doubt it will happen though, he is a spokesman for a cannabis company talking about how it helps him with his injuries now I think? It’s probably just a rumor.

So if you smoke enough weed the pain will go away? B) Or you just don't care anymore! o:)