Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Waffled or cancelled 2019 D Memorial park Quarter

Babylove27Babylove27 Posts: 31
edited August 24, 2019 12:14AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hello everyone, has anyone seen one of these? 2019 D Memorial park quarter . Cancelled by the mint.

~Babygirl

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seen lots of waffled coins, but not that particular one.

I always wonder what the defect is, or if there was an issue that popped io in the press/die and they just trashed the whole batch.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps trial runs?

@FredWeinberg or @ErrorsOnCoins may have an answer.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

Now if that was a 2019 W, I could just imagine what kind of money it would get on eBay...

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you find that coin?? Could not have been in a roll... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

That damage is a known US mint destructive method. You'll see similar for sale at coin shows. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Texast said:
    Now if that was a 2019 W, I could just imagine what kind of money it would get on eBay...

I know I was just thinking about that

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

I wish it was the 2019 W

~Babygirl

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 25, 2019 4:33AM

Fred and et. Al. provided their comments on waffled coins in this older thread.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/11973799/#Comment_11973799

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file