Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My visit to PSA

I was on a baseball trip and went through Newport Beach. I thought that was where PSA was headquartered so I Googled them and found out that they are actually in Santa Ana...and just down the road from the hotel I was staying at.

I stopped on by and here is what I saw:
1. Nothing actually says PSA...it is all labeled Collectors Universe.
2. It is in a office park towards the back. Nice buildings, but not opulent.
3. The windows on the first level are dark and reflective so there is no peeking in really.
4. They were closed.
5. They have not one, but TWO parking spots labeled "bulk" by a side door. I wonder who has so many items that they show up to the HQ and have to be accommodated through a side door? There is another parking spot labeled "Sultan" right next to the side door. I don't know what/who that refers to.

Comments

• jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

@williplett said:

There is another parking spot labeled "Sultan" right next to the side door. I don't know what/who that refers to.

That's Todd's space.

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2019 10:00AM

Nah. I'm next to the dumpster. ;-)

Truthfully, I have never noticed the Sultan parking spot. I'd prefer Grand Poobah, anyway...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    Nah. I'm next to the dumpster. ;-)

Truthfully, I have never noticed the Sultan parking spot. I'd prefer Grand Poobah, anyway...

Please research and get back to us. Inquiring minds want to know.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:

Over 'LAX Geek'?

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I applied to CU for the job of Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler and Imperial Wizard.

Mike
  • 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it’s a spot reserved for when the Crisser comes in to consult.....

😉

Dave

@LarkinCollector said:

@AFLfan said:

Over 'LAX Geek'?

Lol. That runs a very close second!

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

I've just learned that the Sultan parking space is reserved for the Sultan of Swat award winner, better-known as the employee of the quarter.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    I applied to CU for the job of Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler and Imperial Wizard.

Mike if I remember correctly you have a long white beard? I think imperial Wizard would be a great role for you if that’s the case! 🍻😂

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2019 4:03PM

@perkdog said:

@Stone193 said:

Mike if I remember correctly you have a long white beard? I think imperial Wizard would be a great role for you if that’s the case! 🍻😂

Wow Paul - I forgot that pic from the net - was on the old format here - be cool to find that one.

A blast from the past!

I think this was the pic from my bio when they had a list:

Mike
  • NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    I've just learned that the Sultan parking space is reserved for the Sultan of Swat award winner, better-known as the employee of the quarter.

So it will be your spot next quarter. How can we help you to make that happen? 😁. Shall we all contact Joe?

• Here are some pics...

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Was there a parking spot for the "grader of death'?

• rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:

No wonder you never heard of it before. I kid, but you walked right into that one.

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Cant believe this is the first time I have seen the actual PSA location.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED