My Misc. PC

13»

Comments

• Options
    Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

Bill Belichick Auto!

• Options

Adding a Topps Supreme card with autos of New York Giants greats Phil Simms and Lawrence Taylor!

• Options

Picked up some UCONN Greats! First card has autos of Ben Gordon and Jim Calhoun! The second cards have autos of Ben Gordon (again) and Emeka Okafor!

• Options

Chauncey Billups Auto!

• Options

Warren Moon Auto!

• Options

In honor of Black History Month... A Rosa Parks Cut Auto!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2023 7:00PM

I stick to sports, so Rosa isn’t in my wheelhouse, but damn, overall you’ve been on quite a roll!!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

Thanks DBesse27!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Parkerplenty123 said:
    Thanks DBesse27!

Moon and Billups are 2 personal favorites.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

A Ken Griffey Jr. Auto!

• Options
    edited October 15, 2023 4:41PM

So happy to be adding this booklet of Steelers great Hines Ward. It comes with his Auto and some game used jersey pieces!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an impressive group of cards. Well done. I assume you have some interest in the Civil Rights cause what with your Parks,Belafonte graphs. Any plans for a MLK autograph?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    What an impressive group of cards. Well done. I assume you have some interest in the Civil Rights cause what with your Parks,Belafonte graphs. Any plans for a MLK autograph?

Hey man, thanks for checking out the cards and the kind words! Yeah, I do have interest in the Civil Rights era. I would love to get a MLK auto, I've seen a few nice ones, but authenticity is always a real red flag for me (and price). Hopefully one day I'll land one. Thanks again for your kind words and checking out the cards.

• Options

RIP Bob Knight.

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

I like the fact that you seem to have focused your collecting on autographs. I re-discovered autographed cards in the last decade or so and although I enjoy vintage, new inserts, oddball and just about anything that catches my eye, I feel the autographs will be timeless when all is said and done. You can always grab another Ruth card, but signed cards have a limited run for the most part and once the person is gone, so ends the autograph supply.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options

@mrmopar said:
    I like the fact that you seem to have focused your collecting on autographs. I re-discovered autographed cards in the last decade or so and although I enjoy vintage, new inserts, oddball and just about anything that catches my eye, I feel the autographs will be timeless when all is said and done. You can always grab another Ruth card, but signed cards have a limited run for the most part and once the person is gone, so ends the autograph supply.

Hi Mr Mopar!

Collecting autographed sportscards is definitely a passion of mine. Hopefully one day I'll be able to add some vintage to my PC.Having a variety of different types of memorabilia (like a signed jersey/ helmet/ baseball/ basketball ) is cool too. Signed memorabilia are also great conversation pieces when having a meeting in your office. People see them and can't help but comment on them.
    The run of autographs are definitely limited. Depending on the person, the more autographs they've done, the better chance we have of picking one up without breaking the bank.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the Flood. Every player today owes a debt of gratitude to him. Great card!

• Options

@brad31 said:
    Congrats on the Flood. Every player today owes a debt of gratitude to him. Great card!

Thanks man! After reading his story, I had to get one of his cards as my first "vintage" card. Definitely a profile of courage. It's unfortunate he never got to benefit himself, but many others did (including present day athletes) from his sacrifice.

• Options

Adding this Kenny Stills 1/1 NFL shield!

• Options

Adding this graded Stephen King autographed card.

• Options

Merry Christmas 🎄!

• Options

Adding this Curt Flood card.

• Options

Adding to the PC another auto. This time of Muhammad Ali!

• Options

Adding a Stephen Jackson auto card with jersey pieces!

• Options

New York Giants Greats Carl Banks, Pepper Johnson, and the Legend Lawrence Taylor! They were a great Linebacker crew!

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

That Giants card is beautiful congrats!!

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

@baseballfan said:
    That Giants card is beautiful congrats!!

Thanks man! I didn't think twice on getting it when I saw it.

• Options
    edited January 30, 2024 7:34PM

Adding a couple of Harold Miner "Baby Jordan" autos. One from Exquisite and the other from Prizm!

• Options

In honor of Black History Month, a cut autograph of the first black U.S. Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm!

• Options

Adding this Fred "The Hammer" Williamson Auto! He put a really nice size auto and inscription on the card!

• Options

New York Giants Coach Bill Parcells Booklet!

• Options

Autos of Aileen Quinn (Annie), Leslie Ann Warren, and Pete Rose!

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just getting caught up on this thread. What an amazing collection!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options

@yankeesman said:
    I'm just getting caught up on this thread. What an amazing collection!

Thanks man for the kind words and taking the time to check out the PC! I really appreciate that.

• Options

This addition is a little different. A Ted Koppel cut auto.