Home Sports Talk

Top 3 Sports Drinks

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

All Gatorade for me, Lemonade, Cascade Crash and Tangerine Mandarina

Comments

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

I drink Body Armor, Watermelon Strawberry is my favorite.

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭

Funny I was thinking Arnold Palmer when I saw the thread title. Lol.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    I drink Body Armor, Watermelon Strawberry is my favorite.

Had the Grape and it was pretty good

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2019 3:08PM

Well it was 104 degrees here this afternoon.
    Driving a truck hauling grain, air conditioner not fuctioning.
    I had a Pepsi on ice in my Yeti, then bought another Pepsi,
    then it was two Minute Maid orange juices on ice.

I prefer orange juice on ice to any sports drink.

After work went to the grocery store and bought a watermelon, cantaloupe,
    several fruit cups and several orange jello cups, two gallons of milk and an 8 pack of pepsi.
    Something out of all that is bound to quench my thirst this evening.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok it's official.

we all need to get laid.

undoubtedly it's going to be tougher for some than others -- and for a few i suspect it might even require donation-based crowdfunding -- but at this juncture i feels it's mandatory because all 4 wheels have shot off in different directions and the sparks from the rims are about to burn this entire place down.

glacier freeze, rain berry and mango extremo flavors of gatorade are very refreshing.

@galaxy27 said:
    ok it's official.

we all need to get laid.

undoubtedly it's going to be tougher for some than others -- and for a few i suspect it might even require donation-based crowdfunding -- but at this juncture i feels it's mandatory because all 4 wheels have shot off in different directions and the sparks from the rims are about to burn this entire place down.

glacier freeze, rain berry and mango extremo flavors of gatorade are very refreshing.

Something to pass the time till NFL gets rolling!! The Sox are AWFUL and I’m tired of talking about movies. It’s been sweltering here on the sea coast and I been murdering Lemonade and Cascade Crash Gatorade do figured I’d see what’s up 😂

I am waiting for a dissertation from SteveK on how bad Sports Drinks are for us though. I tried the Gatorade Zero and liked it but not sure I want to do the artificial sweeteners

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:
    Funny I was thinking Arnold Palmer when I saw the thread title. Lol.

John Daly's are better ;)

Since golf is my sport, it's usually cheladas or Mich Ultra this time of year on the course, depending on time of day. Coors Light as a backup, since it basically water anyway to keep me hydrated in 110+.

When I drink beers I Alternate between Budweiser and Bud Light. Occasionally you can throw a Guinness in there if I’m just having one or two

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

109 here today. Lots of water and home made lemonade (with honey.)

We got a 109 and 104 temps in this thread? I guess 90 is not that hot 🤷‍♂️

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have great mountain views. Looking about 7000' skyward it is 77 degrees.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I am waiting for a dissertation from SteveK on how bad Sports Drinks are for us though. I tried the Gatorade Zero and liked it but not sure I want to do the artificial sweeteners

have you heard about mannitol? Apparently they use it in sugar free candy and if you eat more than a few it hits you like that stuff you drink before you get a lower GI

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Have great mountain views. Looking about 7000' skyward it is 77 degrees.

Mt Lemmon !

• TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

I call it ATP Flow
    It has electrolyte replenishment, potassium, sodium, magnesium, vitamin extracts, protein powder, coconut water, pickle juice, and a few other proprietary additions developed by pro trainers and nutritionists. Depending on which blend formula you use it comes in pink, kind of a slight mango color, or one that takes on the color of tea/apple juice. It depends if you are blending it for endurance, core muscles hard workout fuel, recovery, energy boost, etc. So it depends on what type of training you are doing.

I don't often buy the mass marketed stuff.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

I thought he quit gambling?? 🤨

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Paul...I live between Atlanta and Augusta, GA. Hot you say? The heat here is beyond oppressive, upper 90s and dew points in the mid 70s, with the "feels like" temps in the 105++ range. Fortunately I'm going away for a couple of weeks. Summers here are nasty, I can't imagine not having AC.

Was surprised that you, who lives in the land of Sam Adams would choose Gatorade over the local breweries. Say it ain't so!!
    I never was a beer drinker, but could hammer my share of Jack Daniels. I play poker on Tuesday nights at the Elk's, I am truly amazed at the amount of beer consumption...they order beer by the 6 bottles in a metal can filled with ice, others by the pitcher. I am more amazed at how they drive home, we play for about 4 hours, and they start early. :o AND, the hard stuff is 99% booze, 1% glass!

Take care, when I return, I'll post a short blurb about Croatia.
    Al

PS, don't forget about that ice cream stand I told you about north of Loudon, NH, just beyond the Speedway on the left side of the road. Rated #1 in NH I believe.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

I used to think it was a cliche, but "a dry heat" is a real thing. I live near Fort Worth, Tx. ALL summer it is nearly 100 or higher. Very dry. When I went home to Massachusetts in July, 90 felt brutal. Near the ocean, the humidity was terrible. At least for me the humidity is worse than the heat. Of course some places have both.

As for the question, water first, Gatorade second.

edited August 21, 2019 6:39AM

@MCMLVTopps said:

@perkdog said:

Paul...I live between Atlanta and Augusta, GA. Hot you say? The heat here is beyond oppressive, upper 90s and dew points in the mid 70s, with the "feels like" temps in the 105++ range. Fortunately I'm going away for a couple of weeks. Summers here are nasty, I can't imagine not having AC.

Was surprised that you, who lives in the land of Sam Adams would choose Gatorade over the local breweries. Say it ain't so!!
    I never was a beer drinker, but could hammer my share of Jack Daniels. I play poker on Tuesday nights at the Elk's, I am truly amazed at the amount of beer consumption...they order beer by the 6 bottles in a metal can filled with ice, others by the pitcher. I am more amazed at how they drive home, we play for about 4 hours, and they start early. :o AND, the hard stuff is 99% booze, 1% glass!

Take care, when I return, I'll post a short blurb about Croatia.
    Al

PS, don't forget about that ice cream stand I told you about north of Loudon, NH, just beyond the Speedway on the left side of the road. Rated #1 in NH I believe.

AL believe me I know what I am, A New England’er, I complain about the heat AND the Cold lol! Have a fun and safe trip 👍🍻

@perkdog said:

The last thing you want to hear on the news during an AZ summer is 'record breaking heat'.

@MLBdays said:
    @LarkinCollector ...its funny u mentioned Ultra~ I just photo'd a bottle bought for me playing Texas Hold'em this morning to my wife via text to pick up a 12 pack..... smooth and light ...very nice indeed.

I'm normally not a light beer guy, but tried it when cutting back on carbs and was pretty impressed. It's about the only beer I've had in my house since.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perfect for the wrestling matches with my wife.

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

I used to think it was a cliche, but "a dry heat" is a real thing. I live near Fort Worth, Tx. ALL summer it is nearly 100 or higher. Very dry. When I went home to Massachusetts in July, 90 felt brutal. Near the ocean, the humidity was terrible. At least for me the humidity is worse than the heat. Of course some places have both.

As for the question, water first, Gatorade second.

Humidity is AWFUL, it takes everything right out of you. I experienced “Dry Heat” in Vegas years ago and it’s nothing compared to Humid Weather.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

GrandAm :)
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Vitamin Water (Power C - Dragonfruit); like Gatorade that been watered down. Less sugar.

Also, for most of my life, Coors Light was known as ‘driving beer’...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

LOL “Driving Beer”. A few of my buddies will grab a Coors Light to “Hydrate”

edited August 27, 2019 5:31PM

i've been addicted to Dos for about dos years now

¡Salud!

I never liked any green bottled beer, there’s always an after taste 🤷‍♂️

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

I think the exception to that rule is Rolling Rock, a very underrated beer. Immense drinkability, even more so with the lil’ ponies.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

edited August 28, 2019 6:26AM

@perkdog said:

zero aftertaste

smooth as silk

edit: one night i was out ordering the "driving beer" when an amigo of mine said "i'm getting you something else to try." there was a monumental difference to my palate and i've never looked back

edited August 28, 2019 7:23AM

To be fair I haven’t had a Rolling Rock since the 80’s and I’ve never tried the Dos. It’s Bud light & Budweiser for me. I Freaking love the Seltzer’s now too, and I dont care if they are Chick Drinks either 🤷‍♂️

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

I used to drink Miller genuine draft lite and Sam Adams lite. No longer sold in stores. At least in my area.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

When I was a teenager it was Busch Light Draft and Keystone Light ALWAYS. Remember 24 Pack Suitcases?