Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Robert Edwards auctions strong wax pricea

I just checked out some of the final bid totals with the juice. Very strong. $19,600 for a 75 wax box and $12,600 for a 73 football box. The only one I noticed under the market was 86 football. Wax is crazy!!

Comments

• Options

I missed out on the 1910 Jack Johnson PSA 8 because I didn't get my bid in before the extended period. Sooooo pissed off.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 75T box result is amazing - the buyer could've gotten it for 300 bucks less - right now - from BBCEx.

Wow is right.

Mike
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mickey Mouse box was very interesting https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=60289

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Unopened is on fire right now.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 19, 2019 7:34AM

Heritage had a 72 topps baseball wax box series 5&6 go relatively "cheap" last night. If you compare to the 3rd series sold the month previous, it should have went higher, no? Prices were 11,100 for 5/6th series and 13,800 for 3rd series (includes bp).

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like my 1988 Donruss is holding tight at $8.00 a box though.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think key modern “classic” boxes are going to rise as well. Stuff like 2000 FB with Brady RCs and 2001-2005 Topps Chrome FB.

Mike
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

That '75 wax box price makes me sick. I had one about 20 years ago that I broke up. I only kept two packs from the box, one with a Ryan HL card showing. I paid $6,000 for a run of 1972-76 wax boxes back then. The '72 was a 3rd series and the '73 was as well. If I only knew then what I know now!

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought a couple items from the auction. Bowed out at the end on the 73 Topps Football Box and the 69 Basketball Pack.

It was fun to see the final price on the 80 Baseball Wax Box FASC. I still have mine from the CU Break.

The 2000 Bowman Football boxes were fun to watch. I too think Brady boxes will rise - time will tell.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Bought a couple items from the auction. Bowed out at the end on the 73 Topps Football Box and the 69 Basketball Pack.

It was fun to see the final price on the 80 Baseball Wax Box FASC. I still have mine from the CU Break.

The 2000 Bowman Football boxes were fun to watch. I too think Brady boxes will rise - time will tell.

I remember that some on the board didn't think the 1980 Box FASC was that great of a deal since regular BBCE boxes were going for much lower. I knew that it was a min $2000 box eventually and it looks like we made it! (thanks Barry)

Mike
  • Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

@1970s said:

@grote15 said:

What Mark Murphy said to his insurance company.

UNOPENED for 600 please.

lol

• Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:
    The Mickey Mouse box was very interesting https://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=60289

That's very cool.

• Options

Any thoughts on the prices realized on the wax packs?

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

When we had the 75T mini pack rip - I wound up buying 5 packs wrapped by BBCEx FASC.

Does anyone remember what we paid?

Best I can remember? 80 bucks per?

Mike
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

In 2012 you could get 1975 mini wax for about $1200/box or $40-$45 per pack

Dave
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

@rtimmer said:

@grote15 said:

I’m going to wait to decide if it was a strong auction or not until I hear what the crisser says.

He’s at Gibson’s in Chicago waiting for you at the bar right now so that he can tell you his latest forecast.

😉

Dave