Home U.S. Coin Forum

Today is my Birthday but...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 18, 2019 7:31AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guy's, yes today so happens to be my birthday but I was wondering which year was your significant year? Ex: My year was last year, "8-18-18". I know probably some of your days would actually land on three same numbers (8-8-08, 1-1-01...) Yep, 62 today! At times feel 72. Then at times I feel 22. LOL Thanks guy's in Advance. Got to go now, me, my wife, my daughter and my 5 yr.old grandson are leaving to spend the day in Lake Geneva, Wis. My favorite R and R place. ;) To keep it coin related, can you post any '62 coin? Thanks
One More Thing... Is there anybody famous that shares your birthday? Robert Redford and Roslyn Carter shares mine.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday!

A day in Lake Geneva takes me back - very relaxing during the week, pretty hectic on the weekends with the influx of people from Chicago. We owned a cottage a short drive northeast of there from 1960 to 2017.

Downtown used to be sleepy but fun back in the day - I imagine it is a super tourist trap these days.

Every couple of years we would take the boat tour from the Riviera dock - my favorite was the Mail Boat tour. A unique and fun experience rain or shine. I would imagine that is as popular as ever.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday. My twins are 8-18 too. But 1997. It's also Roberto Clemente 's birthday.

My youngest son (in the avatar pic) has a really good one. 9-9-99. But they don't allow #9 on uniforms in high school or college basketball.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)Happy Birthday! :)

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• jedmjedm Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2019 8:13AM

HAPPY 62nd BIRTHDAY!! My significant day was 8-21-17 on my 60th birthday came the eclipse which was kinda neat. Last night some friends gave me an early party and the cake had a 0 on it.....HA! They must think I'm ageless.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy 62. Here's a coin that's also 62.

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy birthday! Another ‘62.

My current "Box of 20"

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a granddaughter with 11-11-11. I haven't thought about it for me.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shorecoll said:
    I have a granddaughter with 11-11-11. I haven't thought about it for me.

Cool! Wow, that's rare. :o

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2019 10:51AM

Happy birthday @joeykoins

I don't have pictures of 1957 or 1962 coins to share but my mom and I share a birthday with you. I completed trip number 75 around the sun today. My mom would have been 107 today if she were still alive.

Have fun with family and a great rest of your day.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

My grandson will be 2 years old on September 11th.

9/11

No explanation needed there.

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Happy Birthday! ;)

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins.... Happy Birthday.... No special numbers or shared birthdays for me... I just keep on having fun....and I am about 15 years older.... Did a hundred push ups today (five sets of twenty each)... so still doing well....Have fun and enjoy the day. Cheers, RickO

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday!

Have bundles of joy with your grandson!

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like lots of mid-late August birthdays around here, or as I like to call them "Christmas and New Year's babies"
    I'm in that club too, 8/21.

Collector, occasional seller

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy birthday and many happy returns🎂🎊🎉

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Collector of randomness. Photographer at PCGS. Lover of Harry Potter.

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have any 62 dated coins but I have this MS
    Happy Birthday

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday!

• fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭

I'm certainly not famous but do share that birthday. Heavily contrasted '57 cents and nickels are tough.

• FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

• 1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday! :)

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a great day at LG. My birthday is Wednesday and I plan on spending it on Geneva Lake. Greatest place in world!!!! We will be at the Geneva Inn for dinner.
    Happy 62 to you 😊

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

@air4mdc said:
    Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a great day at LG. My birthday is Wednesday and I plan on spending it on Geneva Lake. Greatest place in world!!!! We will be at the Geneva Inn for dinner.
    Happy 62 to you 😊

Thanks, Happy early Birthday, Wed.LOL That's cool some forum members are aware and visit Lake Geneva, Wis. We went Sunday (my actual Birthday). It was Venetian Night! Kind of crowded but so what, right? We had a great time. Popeye's was our choice to eat. On your Birthday,(if a member)you receive $20 off the bill. Still kind of pricey but pretty tasty. Weather was perfect. Hope you have a great time Wed. on your Birthday as well. ;)

Thanks to all you guy's who wished me a H.B. You're the BEST! You guy's got to visit Lake Geneva at least once in your lifetime. The boat tours, along with the boat rentals are so fun. Check out the many mansions along the shore. Many well known business owners properties. Such as Wrigley,Harris,Montgomery Wards,etc... One person many years ago(about 40) was able to buy one of the mansions on just picking up the tax fee on the house. It was a small sum for a $1,000,000 house! The small shops will bring you back to the old days but unfortunately the prices won't. LOL Still, a beautiful place that you and your family will never forget. Thanks again guy's! <3

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

My brother and I are March 1 and March 12. It was from March 1 through March 12, 1793, that the chain cent was minted.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

@airplanenut said:
    My brother and I are March 1 and March 12. It was from March 1 through March 12, 1793, that the chain cent was minted.

Oh, interesting! Pretty cool, thanks.

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Thanks to all you guy's who wished me a H.B. You're the BEST! You guy's got to visit Lake Geneva at least once in your lifetime. The boat tours, along with the boat rentals are so fun. Check out the many mansions along the shore. Many well known business owners properties. Such as Wrigley,Harris,Montgomery Wards,etc... One person many years ago(about 40) was able to buy one of the mansions on just picking up the tax fee on the house. It was a small sum for a $1,000,000 house! The small shops will bring you back to the old days but unfortunately the prices won't. LOL Still, a beautiful place that you and your family will never forget. Thanks again guy's! <3

Last year my wife and I were walking the lake, we were in front of the Wrigley’s homes and they were down by the dock. We talked with a few of them. They were friendly and nice. All were riding JD (?)golf carts from home to home. Also met Rockefeller’s granddaughter there as well...she has a home on the lake.
    You should check out the lake when Richard Driehaus has his birthday party. Last year Jay Leno was guest of honor and it was a car theme. This year not sure who it was....but Oprah goes every year. Locals say he spends one million on the party. I’ve seen many from the shore. Lots of celebrities and politicians from all over the US attend. I’ve met several of his Wall St. friends that fly in for it. Here is a picture of his home from the week before his party.

Nice! Yes, I failed to mention, they let you walk along the shore. Your actually right on top of their property. The whole walk would really be good exercise. A great distance. :)

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2019 8:10PM

I guess mine would have been yesterday 8/19/19 well 2 outa 3, Orville Wright, Gene Rodenberry, some guy in a blue dress and Matthew Perry share my birthday

Steve

Promote the Hobby

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file