Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My first Multi-Auto Card. Show me your favorites.

I just got this beauty for my 1961 collection. I always loved the multi-auto look. I am amazed at how you can fit a full signature in such a little space while also being polite enough not to intrude on the other player's face or space to sign. I wonder how long it took to complete the signing of this card. Tracking down each player must have been a tough task.
Let's see your favorite multi-autos!

Comments

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Amazing how 6 signatures could fit so well and not take away from each other. Here are a few of my favorites

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:
    Nice! Amazing how 6 signatures could fit so well and not take away from each other. Here are a few of my favorites

Beautiful cards and signatures. Cowboys fan I take it. It's a shame that cursive handwriting isn't taught anymore. Most of the signatures on modern cards are embarrassing.

• frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

From my Cardinals collection.....

Cardinals-Autographs-489

Cardinals-Autographs-483

Cardinals_Autographs_424

Cardinals_Autographs_298

Cardinals_Autographs_261

Cardinals_Autographs_204

Cardinals_Autographs_191

Shane

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:

@Kid4hof03 said:

Beautiful cards and signatures. Cowboys fan I take it. It's a shame that cursive handwriting isn't taught anymore. Most of the signatures on modern cards are embarrassing.

Cowboys fan, but mostly a Staubach collector. Here are a couple more

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2019 1:55PM

Wow! Awesome cards guys!

@Parkerplenty123 said:
    Wow! Awesome cards guys!

Thanks and welcome to the boards!

• recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

@pab1969 said:

@Parkerplenty123 said:
    Wow! Awesome cards guys!

Thanks and welcome to the boards!

Thanks man!
    This is a test to see if I can post a picture on the forum. In case it comes out as a link or doesn't come out right at all, its a booklet with autos of Tom Brady, Joe Montana, John Elway, Troy Aikman, Peyton and Eli Manning.

@MLBdays said:
    I'm a fan of the Heritage Dual Auto cards... obviously not gotten in the flesh by the player but if you like an auto'd group and you are concerned about grade ... its an option for sure.

@erba said:
    I love multi signed cards. These were a couple of recent returns.

Great cards! Love the vintage hockey.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

If we’re including manufactured autos, I have this one. 2 HOFers and serial numbered 1 of 2.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

UD Exquisite with autos of Warren Moon, Jim Kelly, Randall Cunningham, and Phil Simms

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are some of mine...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the crappy picture but this is the only multi-signed card I own and it comes with a back story.

When I worked for the Cubs in the 80's they needed a few big guys (I was/am 6'4 325 lbs) to trail Pete Rose for security purposes during the weekend in which he was at Wrigley, attempting to break Cobb's record. Along with a co-worker, I had the opportunity to trail Pete from the moment he came into the ball park until the time he left which included dugout areas, clubhouse, field and all places in between yes...bathroom as well. Pete had many death threats that weekend and I guess they wanted a few expendable bullet stoppers around him in the event someone followed through on their plans.

I trailed Pete for three days and he treated me and my co-worker like kings. This experience totally changed my view of him as I thought he was a real piece of crap when I was growing up due to what I saw on television. At the end of the weekend his manager, who I believe was named Whitey, who was involved in the card hobby for years handed me this autographed card as a thank you from Pete. Being a card collector who was under strict instructions to never ask for an autograph, I thought this was a great tip for a job well done.

I really need to get it slabbed for protection purposes only.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome "tip" for sure!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@mccardguy1 said:
    Sorry for the crappy picture but this is the only multi-signed card I own and it comes with a back story.

When I worked for the Cubs in the 80's they needed a few big guys (I was/am 6'4 325 lbs) to trail Pete Rose for security purposes during the weekend in which he was at Wrigley, attempting to break Cobb's record. Along with a co-worker, I had the opportunity to trail Pete from the moment he came into the ball park until the time he left which included dugout areas, clubhouse, field and all places in between yes...bathroom as well. Pete had many death threats that weekend and I guess they wanted a few expendable bullet stoppers around him in the event someone followed through on their plans.

I trailed Pete for three days and he treated me and my co-worker like kings. This experience totally changed my view of him as I thought he was a real piece of crap when I was growing up due to what I saw on television. At the end of the weekend his manager, who I believe was named Whitey, who was involved in the card hobby for years handed me this autographed card as a thank you from Pete. Being a card collector who was under strict instructions to never ask for an autograph, I thought this was a great tip for a job well done.

I really need to get it slabbed for protection purposes only.

Great story and great card as well.

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page