Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

● ● ● American Innovation 2018 $1 Reverse Proof Introductory Coin Available August 14 ● ● ●

KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

This Mint product is unusual. It's a 2018 coin issued in 2019. It's Reverse Proof. The price is only $9.95. And .... it hasn't gotten much notice here.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-innovation-2018-1-reverse-proof-introductory-coin-18GE.html?cgid=2019-product-schedule

I am not collecting the American Innovation series but will get one of these as a representative example. There shouldn't be a sellout in 15 minutes after release at Noon tomorrow so I'm planning to add one to my card Thursday when I get the Liberty High Relief Gold and Silver.

Comments

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

A spectacularly prosaic coin that's supposed to represent the first of a series about "American Innovation." Looking forward to the series with considerable trepidation.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty package 📦

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know about lack of attention. This is the 3rd thread this week.

This one is a tough call. At least it's cheap

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    This Mint product is unusual. It's a 2018 coin issued in 2019. It's Reverse Proof. The price is only $9.95. And .... it hasn't gotten much notice here.

2018 American Innovation $1 Coin (Intro coin) (18GA, 18GRA, 18GRE, 18GBA, 18GBE) (RP on 8/14, $9.95)

If you read further down in that thread, you'll find a link to someone who filed a FOIA about these coins...

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only looked at the first page for threads on this one. I'll go back further next time.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Demand for 70s to fill registry players.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not my area of interest... With uninspiring designs such as this, I will continue to avoid them. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    With uninspiring designs such as this, I will continue to avoid them.

An analogous comment was made publicly to the Mint Director last October at the Mint-Industry conference. He seemed to accept that this first coin in a series was not a good start, but made no promise to do better.

• Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

It would be nice if we could see some error coins escape the mint; maybe that would wake up this new series.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got me some and a few of the Ornaments for me Grand Baby! <3

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

HHL lifted...

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got some... more.

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently (1.25h later than prior post) Unavailable

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

So a tad over 24 hours to go CU.....not bad at all

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file