Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Careful packaging of coins from Nepal!

spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
edited August 10, 2019 11:35AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

It's been a while! I'm not quite rebuilding my collection, but am just having fun grabbing interesting bits here & there.

I used to sell on eBay and know from many trades with forum members that we coin nerds can take careful packaging to an art form. But this one takes the cake!

I ordered two of the Nepalese "bullet" coins from a seller in Nepal. They're pretty neat and somewhat hard to find nice and not overpriced.

The story goes that Nepal had a stockpile of spent shell casings left over from WWII. A general had the idea in 1952 to melt them into the coinage to honor the Gurkha fighters who fired all those rounds. And so a one-year type was made!

The eBay seller sent me an email with the shipping notice to let me know that he's also sending me some postal covers and that I should pull back the black cardboard to find my coins. I forgot about that email when I received the coins!

Here's what the package looked like after I carefully cut the coins out:

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice mailer gizmo. How bout images of the obv and rev of each coin. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Will PCGS/NGC grade these? Pretty neat

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.