Home Sports Talk
Options

Are Eagles sinking to a new low! Say it ain't so Steve!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw where the Eaglett's back-up QB is hurt and they are looking at Sanchez and K-Crap!! :o

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once Wentz gets hurt they will be looking around a lot more 🤷‍♂️

• Options

Tell ya this much as far as signing free agents goes, I would bet that the Eagles will try for Zeke or Gordon if those guys become available, the Eagles LOVE their free agent RB’s

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Tell ya this much as far as signing free agents goes, I would bet that the Eagles will try for Zeke or Gordon if those guys become available, the Eagles LOVE their free agent RB’s

Zeke still has 2 years left on hid contract. If I was Jerry I would sit his A$$ for those 2 years suspended without pay and let him lose 2 years of his prime. Screw Zeke and the horse he rode in on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

Zeke still has 2 years left on hid contract. If I was Jerry I would sit his A$$ for those 2 years suspended without pay and let him lose 2 years of his prime. Screw Zeke and the horse he rode in on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the way you think, it’s definitely Old School which I love BUT not a chance that will happen.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeff Lurie the Eagles owner, is an unabashed liberal and he may get some sort of perverse enjoyment from signing Kaepernick. However in this case, I think business trumps his progressive idealism, and Lurie knows that there would be an awful lot of empty seats at the Linc if he foolishly did that.

That being said, he did once sign Michael Vick, so who knows what's going on in his mind? Perhaps at this point in his life, Lurie doesn't give a chit what anyone like me thinks, and signs Kaepernick anyway.

However two can play that game and if he does sign Kaepernick, I vow that i will not start an Eagles thread here. And I will NOT follow the Eagles as long as Kaepernick is on the team.

I stand by my principles thru thick or thin.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

I love the way you think, it’s definitely Old School which I love BUT not a chance that will happen.

it would send a message to all the money hungry POS players without loyalty!

• Options

@stevek said:
    Jeff Lurie the Eagles owner, is an unabashed liberal and he may get some sort of perverse enjoyment from signing Kaepernick. However in this case, I think business trumps his progressive idealism, and Lurie knows that there would be an awful lot of empty seats at the Linc if he foolishly did that.

That being said, he did once sign Michael Vick, so who knows what's going on in his mind? Perhaps at this point in his life, Lurie doesn't give a chit what anyone like me thinks, and signs Kaepernick anyway.

However two can play that game and if he does sign Kaepernick, I vow that i will not start an Eagles thread here. And I will NOT follow the Eagles as long as Kaepernick is on the team.

I respect you for that Steve. I sure hope that it doesn't ever happen.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I respect you for that Steve. I sure hope that it doesn't ever happen.

I hope not either, but there sure is a lot of crazy chit going on out there right now. Frankly, for the next fifteen months, it's probably going to get worse.

There is no way that signing Kaepernick would be good for the Eagles or good for the NFL. But if Jeff Lurie in this particular climate is determined to make a statement, then it's his prerogative.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curse of the Folesbino

They should have traded Wentz.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Curse of the Folesbino

Way too early for that.

The injury to Sudfeld is expected to heal in around six weeks, and it's not to his throwing arm.

Coach Pederson stated that he's not even interested in signing another QB.

I am very happy that Pederson finally listened to me, and didn't even play Wentz at all in the first pre-season game. That was very good news.

No sense whitewashing it. We all know that Wentz is prone to injury. So like a great thoroughbred that already knows how to win but is prone to injury, you train it lightly and just enough to be ready for race day. Don't leave any horse on the training track.

Look for Wentz to be pulled early in games this season when the Eagles have it wrapped up.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wentz will not survive the post season, if they make it that far. Football is a tough game. The physically fragile have no chance.

• Options

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Curse of the Folesbino

Way too early for that.

The injury to Sudfeld is expected to heal in around six weeks, and it's not to his throwing arm.

I am very happy that Pederson finally listened to me, and didn't even play Wentz at all in the first pre-season game. That was very good news.

No sense whitewashing it. We all know that Wentz is prone to injury. So like a great thoroughbred that already knows how to win but is prone to injury, you train it lightly and just enough to be ready for race day. Don't leave any horse on the training track.

Look for Wentz to be pulled early in games this season when the Eagles have it wrapped up.

How many occasions do you think this will happen? I think very few if any.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very entertaining thread thus far. Thanks guys.
    Steve the Chiefs can always use more fans, and they will dominate at least the next 10 years.
    Nothing wrong with jumping on the bandwagon.

• Options

@Darin said:
    Very entertaining thread thus far. Thanks guys.
    Steve the Chiefs can always use more fans, and they will dominate at least the next 10 years.
    Nothing wrong with jumping on the bandwagon.

I think an Eagles-Chiefs Super Bowl is a decent possibility this upcoming season.

We shall see. :)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:
    Curse of the Folesbino

Way too early for that.

How many occasions do you think this will happen? I think very few if any.

If Wentz stays healthy, the correct answer is many.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Wentz will not survive the post season, if they make it that far. Football is a tough game. The physically fragile have no chance.

There are dozens of outstanding quarterbacks who early in their careers were injured far worse than Carson Wentz, that went on to be first ballot Hall of Famers.

Actually, i just made that chit up.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Eagles sign Kaepernick , they will become “the Philadelphia Buzzards” to me. I’ll be rooting for the Cowboys, and I never thought i’d say that.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?