Home Precious Metals

Does anyone have a chart of silver from 2013 to present?

cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

yep

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2019 6:11PM

https://www.kitco.com/charts/
    Go to Historical Charts - Silver, pick a set of years or range like 2000-present, then click on [View Charts]

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cant find a 6 year but it's not pretty. price nearly 2x what it is now.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Cant find a 6 year but it's not pretty. price nearly 2x what it is now.

Im more interested in the formation the prices have traced out, rather than the actual prices.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

You can get a 5 year daily and weekly at sharpcharts.com use $silver for symbol, if you need 2013 you can get that from some different places and add it basically opening jan2013 around 30.15 and got high for year in late January around 32.25, looks like on its way back to 10

keceph `anah

investing.com has a 45 year chart, don’t confuse that with insurance.com

keceph `anah

8/19/2013 to present. $25.16 to current $17.07

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Support at 14, resistance at 18 and 21?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Getting more constructive comments. What else y'all got?

• ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW, I think that this is the beginning of the next upswing. Trade war intensifying is bad for the markets and economy as a whole. That is causing global uncertainty, especially where the economy is not as strong....everywhere outside of the USA.

I think we could do a little better with our line drawing skills, but i knew there was a reason why i liked folks named Dave....even @davidk

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a chart from 1990 to present?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

troll thread

Loves me some shiny!

How about 1964 to present, vs SP500 and coastal California housing index?

@carew4me said:
    troll thread

Not very contributory. Do yiu have a chart to share.

I started this thread to get smoe peeps to see something. Something i find to be very interesting. Sorry if you do not find interest in knowledge. Sad.

@MsMorrisine said:

Not relevant. End of 2012 to present is sufficient.

Decending wedge channel pennant flag with imbedded cup and handle triple tops?

@cohodk said:

@MsMorrisine said:

why?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Back to begining of 2013 we were $33.70ish.

edited August 9, 2019 3:44PM

@Baley said:
    Decending wedge channel pennant flag with imbedded cup and handle triple tops?

Sounds like you are summoning Roadrunner. Lol

Keep it simple.

@MsMorrisine said:

@cohodk said:

@MsMorrisine said:

why?

Look at blitzdudes chart.

You mean the chart that leaves out 1990 - 2013?

If it breaks out or breaks down imma gonna break dance!

• BillsonBillson Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2019 6:47PM

Successful BST transactions:
    Buy and sold to Wondercoin,
    Buy from: mbogoman, sol15g

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be curious to hear Cohodk's observations.

It is an interesting chart, though I don't claim to be able to offer any profound insights.

The silver price volatility (both daily and weekly) since 2013 seems quite low, with the period July, 2017 to July, 2018 being perhaps notable in this regard.

The one year period from mid-2018 through mid-2019 is qualitatively very similar to the two year period from mid-2014 to mid-2016, not just in its 'U' shape, but in the consistency of the upward to downward moves during the up and down periods.

Higashiyama

The most important thing to me on that chart has nothing to do with price or any price points... and coho didn’t know it was gonna be on that weekly chart I would surmise...

keceph `anah

@rawteam1 said:
    The most important thing to me on that chart has nothing to do with price or any price points... and coho didn’t know it was gonna be on that weekly chart I would surmise...

What do you see on a weekly chart?

Do you see it yet?

@cohodk said:
    Do you see it yet?

It should be quite obvious now.

• tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

?

Cohodk, if you are trying to make a point... why not just come out and say what it is instead of twenty questions guessing games?

----- kj

anyway, this is just another pick your era chart reading game.

this game forgets the 1990-2013 era

Looks like a breakout to me. To da moon! lol

Have to admit it's sure looking strong right now... will have to wait and see if it runs out of rocket fuel!

----- kj

Oh no MsMorrisine... say it ain't so!

----- kj

@tincup said:
    ?

Cohodk, if you are trying to make a point... why not just come out and say what it is instead of twenty questions guessing games?

If there is a game, then it would be called "Learn to Fish", not "eat a fish".

If ShadyDave wasnt drunk, haha, and drew a straight line you would have seen it easily and made 7% or more (if leveraged) in just 2 weeks.

So many folk say charts are worthless...well, so is a car if you dont know how to drive it. Both can get you from point A to B.

@MsMorrisine said:
    anyway, this is just another pick your era chart reading game.

this game forgets the 1990-2013 era

Nope. Irrelevant.

• EdtheloraxEdthelorax Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

I have a whole bunch of charts drawn here:
    http://www.silverstocker.com/forum/index.php/board,12.0.html
    At the bottom of the page is a chart with many drawing tools.
    You can click on the link on that chart and set up a free account that will save all of the charts you work on.
    I would LOVE to discuss charting, patterns, trends or miners of silver, gold or anything for that matter.
    Anyone can PM me any time.
    Everyone is invited to join SilverStocker. It's free without any ads.
    Ed

http://www.silverstocker.com
    Anyone can PM me Any Time about Any thing.

Apparently this place is free but with the ads.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

how do you see ads here?

@Baley said:
    Support at 14, resistance at 18

Wai...whaa? 😉

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold at the bottom, again. Now I see it. The only saving grace is that I bought it there, too.

Out, in, up, down.
    And remember: when the output exceeds the income, the upkeep will be the downfall.

@MsMorrisine said:

I honestly hope I didn't offend you.

I only wanted to post an image of a chart, but I had problems. So I posted that link and then the surrounding message instead. As I did, I apparently got a little carried away. I tend to get passionate about the things i really enjoy.
    I had my IT girl figure out how to fix my problem so that I can post my charts.

The first is a silver chart in British pounds from 2011 until June 24th. I don't usually chart silver in GBP, but this one worked so perfectly, I want to show it off. It has an inverse head and shoulders in blue with a target of 15.58 and a cup and handle in red with a target of 20.20. The second is an current version with all the prices since.

The first target (blue) was met. We will have to wait to see if the second (red) does also. The lowest it can go and still be silver positive is a retest of the breakout of the green trendline at 12.20. I do not think it will go that low, at least not soon. If I adjust the smaller Fibonacci retracement to meet the now known high and the Sept./Nov. double bottom, the price retraced 38.2%. That is a common bullish retracement. I think that 14 has a good chance of being the extent of the short-term decline.

Some charts work and some don't.
    Some coins we show off and others we just keep in the safe.

![] (link "")

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2019 4:42AM

If ShadyDave wasnt drunk, haha, and drew a straight line you would have seen it easily and made 7% or more (if leveraged) in just 2 weeks.

I see some similarity with April 2016. But hey, there are no guarantees in life and if you leverage a winning position, why wouldn't you expect at least 7% in a couple weeks? The point being, there are no guarantees in life.

@Edthelorax : I understand that an inverse head & shoulders pattern, and that a cup formation both have charting implications, but really...………….you can interpret patterns in numerous ways and there also some basic fundamentals that are operating during those same time intervals.

Things like trading volume, warehouse inventories, COT reports, industry trends, economic conditions...…….

I'd be interested in knowing what cohodk is trying to point out. Really. If I had to interpret the price chart in isolation, I'd be looking at a regression line that points to $15.50.

Obviously, there's more to it than price action, but ya got me by the shorthairs, lol.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2019 11:33AM

@cohodk said:

@carew4me said:
    troll thread

I started this thread to get smoe peeps to see something. Something i find to be very interesting. Sorry if you do not find interest in knowledge. Sad.

You already knew what the chart looked like and your conclusion about it, and you could have just posted it outright.

Miners dig silver out of the ground and refine it to pure for an average of $11 an ounce.

Any number above that is Profit for fabricators of Pretty Things and assorted middlemen.

@dcarr said:

@cohodk said:

@carew4me said:
    troll thread

You already knew what the chart looked like and your conclusion about it, and you could have just posted it outright.

And no one would have learned a darn thing. Except derryb since he says he pays attention.

The point is to get folk to think for themselves. Too many of us like to be told what to think and usually by those who want us to pay for those thoughts. I dont work that way.

Think back on your own knowledge. Im sure the knowledge that resonates most is that which you discovered yourself, not what was simply told to you.

edited September 17, 2019 1:49PM

@cohodk said:

The point is to get folk to think for themselves. Too many of us like to be told what to think and usually by those who want us to pay for those thoughts. I dont work that way.

It's called "input."
    Without it you would have very narrow output.
    Unlike you I welcome differing opinions. If nothing else they make me take a closer look at my own. Something you should try.

Simple. Based on this chart, overbought.

This may be a differing opinion.
    Since no one "liked" my XAGGBP chart, here is a longer term silver chart in USD. I'm pretty sure it will get a couple LOL's at least. It is a cup and handle, although some may not like the depth of the retrace of the handle. I know that fundamentals need to be considered too, but that's not the topic of this thread. I would love to discuss COTs or why silver has the highest short OI of any commodity at 6 months supply. How the US govt goes enough in debt every 3 1/2 days to buy a years worth of silver production. Or how Bitcoin market cap is enough to buy about 15 years worldwide production at today's prices. Maybe we can talk about how economic conditions affect silver, such as higher rates correlate to higher metal prices like the 70's and 2003-2007. Except when they don't like 2016 until 2019. Or even the fact that silver is an industrial metal, yet it goes down during growth cycles Like 1990's and 2010's and way up during contracting periods, 70's, or the decade after 9/11 . Maybe we need to look into how TA can sometimes predict price before an event that causes the price to move exactly where the TA says it should. Those would make a nice topic for a thread.
    It is actually quite refreshing to be able to talk to people that have an understanding, whether they agree or not. Especially if not.