Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dale Earnhardt is this worth something?

Obviously not at the core of my collection but I came across this today didn’t see any similar for sale and was wondering if one of the experts had an idea what it’s worth or it’s story?

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies

Comments

• BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

I have zero clue to its value but as a NASCAR fan myself I think it's a really cool piece.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got some good autographs there if authentic. There are a few NASCAR experts here. Hopefully they can weigh in with an expert opinion. The piece is suitable for framing.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • As a former Nascar collector (mainly Earnhardt Sr.), Thats a neat piece.
    Sometimes pieces like that are tough sells, more likely start as a .99 auction and see where it ends.
    I myself have some art/poster like the Looney Toons and Peter Max pics and other stuff, along with my big diecast collection. Slowly but surely been selling off a few so often.
    I remember a site i went to, maybe diecastcrazy or ???
    but the only thing close to the pics i once had, were like the 50yrs Winston Cup champs in gold foil.

Heres a old thread back in 2015 here of the same thing:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/940842/nascar-50th-anniversary-autographed-piece-looking-for-opinions

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Ryan

That's a super piece with all those sigs!

This is gold IMO:

I checked the back of the cards - there's no date - what year are they? Obviously before 2001.

Logan is at the National right now.

I'm sure when he has the time, he'll have something to say about it.

Mike
  • maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice piece, I would be interested if it is for sale. My Dad collected Dale Sr and had a wall of die casts, various standups, a race worn tire and any other things he could get his hands on. I like seeing Lee Petty, Richard Petty's father, on that the most as he passed away in 2000.

• rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the comments.

My thought is this was a nascar 50 promo item which I think would be 1998. I lived in SC from 1997 to 1999 and went to Charlotte often so that makes sense too but my assumptions.

I would be open to selling it I guess but again I have no idea it’s proper value.

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would get it framed and put it up in my office or sports room.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would guess for good sale?

PSA/DNA?

Mike
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss the days of the good ol' boys.

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rtimmer said:
    Thanks for the comments.

My thought is this was a nascar 50 promo item which I think would be 1998. I lived in SC from 1997 to 1999 and went to Charlotte often so that makes sense too but my assumptions.

I would be open to selling it I guess but again I have no idea it’s proper value.

Once you come to a value, let me know.

Also, I was named after one of the drivers that signed, Bobby Allison. My dad couldn't convince my mother to name me Robert so he had to settle for my middle name. :D

• ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭

That is a great piece. I bought one a few years ago and asked about it here before purchasing. Here is a link to that thread.

[https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/940842/nascar-50th-anniversary-autographed-piece-looking-for-opinions#latest]

Shoot any idea on price didn’t see it back in 2015 either?

I’m surprised no one is there is an Earnhardt or old NASCAR signature collector with a thought on its price? Anyone have any ideas?

• kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

This is the 1998 Goodyear 50th Anniversary set. All the signatures are real and are all inductees in the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Four of the drivers have passed away. They are Dale Earnhardt, David Pearson, Lee Petty and Herb Thomas. Of all the signatures, I would say Herb Thomas is probably the rarest. The rest of the drivers autographs are fairly common. I would price this piece at around $200 to $250 if there are no wrinkles or tears. Nice autographs! :)

Thanks much for the help! Must admit I don’t even know who Herb Thomas was and figured the Earnhardt signature alone would have been worth more but very nice to know!

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Super cool. I have to say there is a value although I have no clue on pricing.
    I know from buying a 2004 Dale Jr Monte Carlo recently they are not cheap.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)