Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NASCAR 50th Anniversary Autographed Piece - Looking for Opinions

This piece is for sale near me and as a lifelong NASCAR fan I am interested. I'm far from an autograph expert though and have already been burned on a Dale Sr. diecast car that didn't pass JSA a few years ago. This piece appears to have been issued by Goodyear in 1998 but I have never seen one before. It does have a COA from Goodyear on the back. I found three examples that have been on Ebay since 2007. One of them was serial #'ed out of 500 and the others including this one do not have a serial #. Does anybody out there have any experience with this piece to know if there are fakes, and if so how they can be spotted? These are pictures of the one I am interested in buying. Any input is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I don't have much experience with those guys' graphs so no opinion on that, but just wanted to say that if that is authentic than it is a very sweet piece. Hope someone can help you with the graphs.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would contact Goodyear marketing. See if they have a picture of the piece on file so you can compare the autos. from that picture to the piece in question. And also if the one Goodyear still may have or at least a picture of theirs in their possession is serial numbered. Check too that address on the bottom of the COA. You might be able to contact them and get some info. I could not make out the name. Pix was a bit blurry to me. Also check that COA. It may have been copied, but looks okay to me. I like the fact the COA edges are a little rough. Indictative of it being around 17 years. Nice item if it's legit. If I may ask,what is the asking price? Do you have a return privledge?Good luck and let us know if it checks out and you buy it.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have one they are definately authentic. The NASCAR 50 plaque was added with the framing but the poster portion is what was originally presented.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    Very cool piece if authentic. Here is an example of Bobby Allison and David Pearson's signatures. Both signed these for my Dad who helped pit both drivers in the 60's/70's. Hopefully this will help at least with their auto's.
    Looking to buy/trade for any Holman Moody (NASCAR) related items you may have.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    At first glace they all look good.
  • Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    Thanks for the input so far! The owner says he is the original owner and his father worked for the printing company. It checks out compared to every example of each signature I have seen, so I feel pretty confident. Having been burned before still leaves me a little nervous though. I have a deal in place to purchase it this afternoon, so I'm hoping for the best. Can JSA authenticate something like this without taking it out of the frame?
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    I have seen several examples of this piece over the years and these autographs are real. This is a very nice piece. If your deal falls through, let me know.
  • Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭

<< <i>I have seen several examples of this piece over the years and these autographs are real. This is a very nice piece. If your deal falls through, let me know. >>

This makes me feel much better. I just got back from making the purchase, it looks wonderful in person. NASCAR history is one of my biggest passions, so having all of those legends on one piece is like Christmas coming early!