Home Precious Metals

Comments

• ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why either, but, yes, you can find MS63 and occasionally a 64 for almost spot! I've bought a 64 here on the BST for spot + $10 a few months ago.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

low grade, common date Libs and Saints are bullion now.

the market is full of them.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

And you can grab some modern gold proof eagles very close to spot.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

$20 US gold contains only .9675 oz. of gold. At $1440 an oz. gold, spot for a $20 gold coin is only $1393. The OP's $1450 hammer on the 1924 Saint is actually $47 over spot.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

true. that was over spot, but they are really are selling that close regularly now.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Saints at spot were a good deal at $1200 ($1100 after ebay bucks), not such a great deal at $1394.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Psh, saints at $20 were a good deal.

@blitzdude said:

Saints at spot were a good deal at $1200 ($1100 after ebay bucks), not such a great deal at $1394.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2019 6:02AM

I feel so screwed with only .9675 of an ounce. But they're beautiful just the same.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold is rising, so people are buying..... smh..... Should have bought low, but people just do not do that...they buy when rising, thinking it will go higher.... and don't buy when falling, thinking it will go lower.... Amazing. Cheers, RickO

• BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

I want to pick up some gold for the registry, but not at these prices. The lack of numismatic value is what scares me.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Gold is rising, so people are buying..... smh..... Should have bought low, but people just do not do that...they buy when rising, thinking it will go higher.... and don't buy when falling, thinking it will go lower.... Amazing. Cheers, RickO

I have found the opposite in my limited experience with buying and selling gold coins. I found it much easier to sell close to spot when gold was at $1250 than now when it's at $1400. Back then I was able to get a few dollars over spot but now I find that I have to ask for a few dollars under for a quick sale.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BBN said:
    I want to pick up some gold for the registry, but not at these prices.

Good chance you will be saying the same thing at $1600 gold.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were adding to my small stash, I would love to be buying MS63 double eagles at near spot.

Higashiyama
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant sell any large gold at these prices, nobody buying. I am taking a load up to the refinery in the am.

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

And people were going crazy with me melting Circ gold.

i'm going crazy now

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to buy 64 and 65 double eagles at spot.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patience

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad I grabbed my two type $20's when I did, both are well under $1400 cost and they are 63 and 64 graded with nice eye appeal.