Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A Red-Faced Newp

cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

A recent purchase, submitted at the June PCGS Membership Show, and now just graded and TrueView'd:

I had to submit it under "Special Issues" with a turnaround timetable of 25-35 business days. It came back early, in just 18 business days!

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOVE! Look forward to seeing it in a couple weeks

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice piece. Pennsylvania Cabinet?
    And why are tokens being submitted under "special issues" now? There was a thread a little while back. Used to be just the appropriate tier for its value. Now we are supposed to cough up $65?!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for posting. What is the general time frame when that token was made? It speaks of an earlier day when hand craftmanship was highly regarded.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Kline tokens had been struck in 1876 for the 1776 Centennial celebration in Philadelphia.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

Very cool! I had not seen this one before.

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wicked nice

• Options

@DCW said:
    And why are tokens being submitted under "special issues" now? There was a thread a little while back. Used to be just the appropriate tier for its value. Now we are supposed to cough up $65?!

Yes, this was a recent change in the PCGS pricing. Tokens valued up to $300 get charged $25 each, and those above $300 up to $20,000 get charged $65 each. Both tiers are quoted at 25-35 business days, with a caveat that "Certain tokens and medals may require additional research, and turnaround times can fluctuate based on the amount of research required."

It does help if you are able to attribute each submission based on the reference books cited on the PCGS tokens and medals page, as that will expedite PCGS identifying/confirming the proper attribution to be used.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful original look.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a real beauty and worthy of the grade..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019 9:13AM

Wasn't it like $25 for tokens not so long ago?

I recall PCGS was like $8 more than NGC's three week economy rate.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cardinal .... you are the KING of Libertas!! Congrats on finding her and hope you cuddle too ......

• Options

@DCW said:

Yes, it came from the Pennsylvania Cabinet!

• Options

@Paradisefound said:
    @cardinal .... you are the KING of Libertas!! Congrats on finding her and hope you cuddle too ......

You are far too kind! o:)

If you happen to be in Chicago for the ANA Convention, you can see the entire set of Libertas medals!

https://pcgs.com/news/stacks-bowers-galleries-cardinal-collection

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's very nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file