Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

2019 ANA WFoM - who’s going?

I just booked my flight, arriving Tuesday morning and leaving Thursday late afternoon. So excited! Anyone want to meet up?

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wednesday and Thursday for me

• gscoinsgscoins Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Friday for me.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there Thursday through Saturday at table 1711 with my photo gear.

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone wants to try to hook up, please contact me. My email is listed in my signature, but you can send me a PM here as well.

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, life is funny. It's a long and slightly convoluted story, but I am finding my non-getting-on-a-plane self with an excuse to be passing through Chicago on Amtrak. The timing was flexible and so yes, a 2 day delay just in time for the show.

I'd love to bring coins for glamour shots @messydesk but as I'm doing the train that is not something I want to do.

Basically I will be coming in Wednesday and can likely have my bags settled in the hotel lock up and start wandering around by noon. Then all day Thursday. Sadly I couldn't swing Friday too, there were a couple talks I would have liked to sit in on, but oh well.

An unplanned/last minute excursion, but it will be good to see some coins in hand. I didn't think I'd get much of a chance to get to shows this year. (I'm already plotting NYINC for next year).

• StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

I will be at the Heritage booth for most of the week if anyone wants to say "hello."

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • bosoxbosox Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭

Wed, Thurs, Fri for me.

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monday thru Friday

It’s my vacation !

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there at table 1439. Who's bringing the wine??? :p

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

I can bring a bottle...what time are you leaving Thursday @EVillageProwler? I have a 'numismatically related' bottle that is supposed to be good. I'm only around Wednesday or Thursday and it looks like most people posting here are good with Thursday (no day is good for all of us sadly).

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stork said:
    I can bring a bottle...what time are you leaving Thursday @EVillageProwler? I have a 'numismatically related' bottle that is supposed to be good.

Speaking of numismatically related alcoholic beverages, not until i started to post on Instagram did I find out that there's actually beer called "Ocho Reales". I'm going to have to try that one of these days ;)

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stork said:
    I can bring a bottle...what time are you leaving Thursday @EVillageProwler? I have a 'numismatically related' bottle that is supposed to be good. I'm only around Wednesday or Thursday and it looks like most people posting here are good with Thursday (no day is good for all of us sadly).

My return flight departs O’Hare at 6:53pm Thursday. I guess I’ll leave at 4pm or thereabouts.

Well, I guess it boils down to who likes wine the most :wink: Or, better yet, maybe more than one person can bring a bottle. I can cover either Wednesday or Thursday. Any other volunteers (I'm of the opinion more wine is better...)?
    I'm hoping the host table (ahem, that is you MrEureka) can provide cups. Nothing fancy, just fine crystal.

@EVillageProwler
    @MrEureka
    @messydesk
    @Boosibri
    @TwoKopeiki
    @bidask
    @bosox
    @stella (assuming you can leave your booth and come visit)
    @gscoins

and @ any lurkers who might like a bit of wine...

• bosoxbosox Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭

I do not drink wine, but will be happy to socialize at Mr. E's table. What time?

Numismatic author & owner of the Uncommon Cents collections. 2011 Fred Bowman award winner, 2020 J. Douglas Ferguson award winner, & 2022 Paul Fiocca award winner.

http://www.victoriancent.com
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bosox said:
    I do not drink wine, but will be happy to socialize at Mr. E's table. What time?

Ill drink your share

Cathy, thank you for including me in that list, but I'm just living vicariously here ;)

@TwoKopeiki said:
    Cathy, thank you for including me in that list, but I'm just living vicariously here ;)

Will you be at the greatest coin show on earth?

• StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

I tend to stop by @MrEureka's table anyway. If wine were on offer, I might make two stops!

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.

@bidask said:

@TwoKopeiki said:

Will you be at the greatest coin show on earth?

I hope you mean NYINC, because that's the only show I'll be attending in the near future.

@Stork said:
    Well, I guess it boils down to who likes wine the most :wink: Or, better yet, maybe more than one person can bring a bottle. I can cover either Wednesday or Thursday. Any other volunteers (I'm of the opinion more wine is better...)?
    I'm hoping the host table (ahem, that is you MrEureka) can provide cups. Nothing fancy, just fine crystal.

I managed to find about 35 "crystal" cups and they're already packed for the show. When we run out, we can improvise!

Andy Lustig

• scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm only a world coin toe-dipper right now, but I'd like to stop by and meet you all.

@bosox said:

Happy hour starts at 5 every day! (Yes, wise guys, PM!)

Andy Lustig

• WDPWDP Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm right around the corner MrEureka at Corner Table 1533!

You've switched your coin show happy hour drink!???

W. David Perkins Numismatics - http://www.davidperkinsrarecoins.com/ - 25+ Years ANA, ANS, NLG, NBS, LM JRCS, LSCC, EAC, TAMS, LM CWTS, CSNS, FUN

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will be imaging at table 1545!

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

@WDP said:
    I'm right around the corner MrEureka at Corner Table 1533!

You've switched your coin show happy hour drink!???

Feel free to bring the single malt if you can’t deal with my wine!

Andy Lustig

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are dominating that row!

S> @bidask said:

Monday thru Friday

It’s my vacation !

Table 1540

Since i am an a coin addict I need to sell a few......come by and take a look.