Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Discounted Shipping through PayPal Website

ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you aware that you can create shipping labels through PayPal without selling an item on eBay? I brought this up to a forum member recently and they had no idea that you can create a USPS label through PayPal. I find it useful since I sell a lot of coins on Reddit, here and other forums and it makes shipping much easier. It is faster to create the shipping label and print it at home, cleaner than guessing how many stamps you need to use or waiting in line at the Post Office and you also and get the PayPal shipping discount as well. This link below is how I get to that page on the PayPal site. You also need a PayPal account to do this.

https://www.paypal.com/shipnow

Just thought I would share a tip! Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2019 7:24AM

Been using that for a long time. Even mentioned it here more than once. Going to use it today.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use it all the time, a fantastic service from a fantastic company.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't know that.
    Appreciate it !

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did not know that, I was under the impression that the item being shipped had to be paid for using PayPal to get a label.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm waitin' for them to offer lottery tickets via paypal.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not sell things, so did not know about this. It seems like a really good service. I do like Paypal....use it all the time for purchases. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks as I just got a great rate shipping back a defective mail order bride! :p

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2019 4:06AM

The PP mailing service is very good. You can select other shipper, too.

Also the rates are discounted to the commercial (less expensive) rates compared to retail at the PO counter rates. Anything to save a buck to buy a coin. :)

Make sure you have an accurate scale or else the recipient will be on the hook for underpaid postage (or “return to sender” and you’ll be on the hook... someone’s going to pay the postage). :D

Overall, great service and comes in handy during the birthday and Christmas giving and mailings.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

The curious thing to me is I haven't been able to find a link to this from my Paypal homepage. Does anyone know if there is a link?

Like others I have used it many times and the rates are usually the same as ebay. 1 thing you can do with Paypal you can't on ebay is ship overseas at 1st class rates. It will track until it leaves the US.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    The curious thing to me is I haven't been able to find a link to this from my Paypal homepage. Does anyone know if there is a link?

Like others I have used it many times and the rates are usually the same as ebay. 1 thing you can do with Paypal you can't on ebay is ship overseas at 1st class rates. It will track until it leaves the US.

No direct link from your PP home page but if you query shipping it should be one of the offered answers. After you have the link then bookmark it then the next time just click the link and it’ll take you to the Ship Now screen after
    logging in.

Paypal Ship Now:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do as you do. I did try searching and every possible way I could think of to find it on Paypal's site but I couldn't.

@Hemispherical said:

@amwldcoin said:

No direct link from your PP home page but if you query shipping it should be one of the offered answers. After you have the link then bookmark it then the next time just click the link and it’ll take you to the Ship Now screen after
    logging in.

Paypal Ship Now:
    https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use it too and love it!

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, @amwldcoin PayPal doesn't have it linked on their main homepage and I'm not sure why. I just know to type in the link I posted in the original post ( https://www.paypal.com/shipnow ) and after you log into your paypal account, you can fill out, purchase and print shipping labels through USPS, UPS and FEDEX.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019 10:49AM

I had to ship a non-ebay registered package last week.
    Unfortunately, their (paypal) site won't do registered labels.
    I don't know if I have shipped registered off the ebay site. Perhaps they don't offer that also.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to use PP shipping. I'm currently buying my postage from shippingeasy.com. I stopped using PP when I did because:

• No support for regional rate boxes
    • Couldn't put a signature on express mail
    • No support for priority bubble mailers

They may have fixed that by now, but I'm not going back. Shippingeasy.com costs nothing to set up an account, but if you ship enough to make it worthwhile (I don't), you can pay $29/month and get Commercial Plus pricing on everything. Other niceties include printing labels 4-up on a single piece of paper and saving a customer mailing list.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:
    I had to ship a non-ebay registered package last week.
    Unfortunately, their (paypal) site won't do registered labels.
    I don't know if I have shipped registered off the ebay site. Perhaps they don't offer that also.

You cannot do registered mail on eBay, PayPal or even usps.com

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's okay. I've used it. But my eBay rates are usually lower than the PayPal rates.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file