Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

US Mint,,,,,, Free Budget Shipping

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just remembered that I got an e-mail saying I get free shipping for the rest of 2019.

So I checked and my last 3 orders and they were charged $4.95 ea for shipping,,,,,, do you have to request this or put in a code of some kind?

I did not see anything about it in the e-mail?

Anyone know?

GrandAm :)

Best Answers

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@GRANDAM said:
    I just remembered that I got an e-mail saying I get free shipping for the rest of 2019.

So I checked and my last 3 orders and they were charged $4.95 ea for shipping,,,,,, do you have to request this or put in a code of some kind?

I did not see anything about it in the e-mail?

Anyone know?

I had a similar issue a year or two ago. Called and received refund for all shipping charges after the third order.

But, the issue might be you have to sign-up for the emails, so sign-up for the emails and make the call. :*

“You need to have a Mint customer account and be subscribed to the Product & Promotion Updates email. Be sure to log into the same account for all your purchases.”

https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/loyalty-program.html

I will try this,,,,,,, Thanks for the info,,,,

• Options
    edited July 29, 2019 6:05AM Answer ✓

@djm said:
    Let us know how you make out with this...I also got the e-mail and never got free shipping. How long you needed to be on the phone with them to get the credit.

Ok, I called The Mint and they were very polite and said I would get a refund on the 1 order that has shipped already and the other 2 orders haven't shipped so they will take off the charges.

She didn't know why it wasn't automatically not charged to begin with but she said I would get an e-mail after they concluded their investigation and LMK why I was charged in error.

So if you were charged just call in and it is quick ( just 3 or 4 minutes) and painless to get it corrected. :#

Answers

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2019 3:47PM

After you have paid the shipping on three orders, the remainder of the year is free budget shipping.

Gotta pay the freight bill before the free time comes.

I think this is applied automatically, that is my recollection from 2018. I have also been told that I have free budget shipping for the remainder of the calendar year.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I have not ordered enough from the Mint this year... no freebie offer for me....Darn... :'( Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited July 27, 2019 5:13PM

I had 3 prior orders and then got the e-mail. I have 6 orders now, I guess I will have to call the Mint next week and see if I can get my $4.95 x 3 back.

I guess I am signed up because I get Mint e-mails. All 6 purchased from same account. I saw no instructions for any special steps when I got the FREE Shipping e-mail in April. I thought is was automatic until I just noticed after ordering Mint Sets today and (2) seperate orders of the 2019 Coin & Currency Sets earlier this week.

• Options
    edited July 27, 2019 5:23PM

Is this the link to sign-up?

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@GRANDAM said:
    Is this the link to sign-up?

That should work but this is more specific:

https://catalog.usmint.gov/email-signup

After you put your e-mail in the link that I posted it takes you to the link that you posted to fill out the other info.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:

@djm said:
    Let us know how you make out with this...I also got the e-mail and never got free shipping. How long you needed to be on the phone with them to get the credit.

Ok, I called The Mint and they were very polite and said I would get a refund on the 1 order that has shipped already and the other 2 orders haven't shipped so they will take off the charges.

She didn't know why it wasn't automatically not charged to begin with but she said I would get an e-mail after they concluded their investigation and LMK why I was charged in error.

So if you were charged just call in and it is quick ( just 3 or 4 minutes) and painless to get it corrected. :#

I called in she was very polite and helpful. She didn't know why I wasn't getting the free shipping and all of my orders say processing. She issued refunds for the shipping on the orders that had shipped. I will have to call back to get a refund on the order that hasn't shipped yet. I agree it was painless.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM

Did you ever get the e-mail from the mint as to your shipping charges? Did they refund you for the past shipping?

I placed an order today and was still charged for the shipping after I called.

• Options

Yes, I just got $4.95 x 2 refunds yesterday,

• Options

Well,,,, as I posted above I had received 3 seperate orders of the coin and currency sets totalling 12 pcs and all had the bills dislocated. When I called in to get authorazation to return the last batch all C & C Sets were on hold until they could be sorted for quality. The date was supposed to be Sept, 6th. I went ahead and put in an order for (5) more sets and they arrived today.

When they got here early I was expecting the worse BUT to my surprise all (5) sets are perfectly centered so if you have sets on back order it may not be that long before they ship.

I never even got an e-mail saying they had shipped.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be getting my BO next week. Right now it says Monday but when they do the handoff it usually adds a day or two.

Good to know it seemingly has been fixed @GRANDAM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file