Options

ANSWERED. Thanks Very Much

AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 23, 2019 4:58PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Authentication comes first, grading next, is there any provenance provided by the seller? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I thought I could afford it and collected the series I would buy it. It is worth a lot of money as very few are thought to exist. Didn't it just sell on eBay recently?

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options

@tommy44 said:
    If I thought I could afford it and collected the series I would buy it. It is worth a lot of money as very few are thought to exist. Didn't it just sell on eBay recently?

Yes. It went for $22,300.00. Thanks for your help.

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Authentication comes first, grading next, is there any provenance provided by the seller? Peace Roy

No. No provenance and the mint mark looked a little funny to me. It sold for $22,300.00. I collect CC coins so I thought I might get some expert opinions on this given it's condition. Thanks for your help.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you buy it???? I see nothing that alarms me about the coin.

@AlexinPA said:

@Namvet69 said:

No. No provenance and the mint mark looked a little funny to me. It sold for $22,300.00. I collect CC coins so I thought I might get some expert opinions on this given it's condition. Thanks for your help.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:

@AlexinPA said:

@Namvet69 said:

No, I wasn't the buyer. Given the condition I thought $22,300.00 too high. Plus, can't see it in hand and no slab. I would have settled for a PCGS Details slab.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm, If you think the price was too high I doubt you will ever own one! ;)

@AlexinPA said:

@amwldcoin said:

@AlexinPA said:

@Namvet69 said:

No, I wasn't the buyer. Given the condition I thought $22,300.00 too high. Plus, can't see it in hand and no slab. I would have settled for a PCGS Details slab.

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks genuine
    Vg details.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

Walk through submission

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks ok, but north of 22k is a big gamble on a raw coin.

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look legit. Perhaps XF with excessive wear.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcde12345 said:

What does “perhaps XF with excessive wear” mean?

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@abcde12345 said:

Coin has XF appearance as far as color and overall appeal yet is downgraded to VG for excessive wear.

• Options
    edited July 24, 2019 1:08AM

@MFeld said:

@abcde12345 said:

It was a facetious post I assume (the one you quoted and not your post).

• Options

@abcde12345 said:

@MFeld said:

@abcde12345 said:

Coin has XF appearance as far as color and overall appeal yet is downgraded to VG for excessive wear.

This must have been similar to the philosophy of the one third world grading company, SGS, that called everything MS70. I guess the coins were all MS70 with varying degrees of having been battered, worn, etc.

• Options

Thanks very much to everyone for helping me understand the value of this particular coin.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a difference between 'value' and 'price'.....and it is often clearly demonstrated in auctions.... ;) Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file