Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

at least he mentioned the weight was off on the coins, so everyone knows they are fakes. the 4.24 current bid reflects that

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

The word "fake" should replace "old". Then it would be OK.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reported eBay still don't allow.

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I don't care. I am not the Ebay nanny police. There doesn't seem to be much concern when authentic coins are sold at multiples above their value...This still results in a financial loss for the buyer, definitely a thousand times more common than fake or counterfeit coins.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good thing they mentioned they are off weight...... I might have thought that 1933 A.S.G. was the real deal. :D

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller information
    star599 (595 )

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the junk drawer comment. I don't think so. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quick note to seller got it down. Voluntarily.

bob :)
    I sent this newspaper article with my note:

From ICTA (The Industry Council for Tangible Assets):
    —————
    Barry Ron Skog, 68, of Burnsville, Minn., pleaded guilty February 21 to one count of selling counterfeit coins and one count of mail fraud in the United States District Court of Minnesota in St. Paul.
    Skog faces a potential maximum sentence of 15 years imprisonment on the count of selling counterfeit coins and a potential of 20 years maximum on the mail fraud count. He also faces fines of up to $250,000 for each count and mandatory restitution in amounts to be determined by the court.
    No date has been set for sentencing.
    A Minnesota federal grand jury had returned a six-count criminal indictment on April 10, 2018, charging Skog with five counts related to the sale of counterfeit coins and one count of mail fraud. With the plea agreement, the government agreed to dismiss four of the counts related to selling counterfeit coins.

Update 7/11/2019:
    A Burnsville coin dealer who admitted selling counterfeit coins was sentenced Tuesday to 30 months in prison.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    planetsteveplanetsteve Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭

The bear in the Bay Bridge coin is the stuff of nightmares.

Come to think of it, what’s a classic commem doing in this lot anyway?!? Hilarious.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listing pulled voluntarily it seems... must have been due to the information from @AUandAG :D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file