Home Precious Metals
Options

what about now? -> AAAU world’s 1st government-backed gold ETF, majority gold vaulted @ Perth Mint

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 22, 2019 11:51AM in Precious Metals

The coin’s unveiling at the NYSE marks the Perth Mint’s launching of its gold-backed ETF, the Perth Mint Physical Gold ETF (NYSEArca: AAAU).

AAAU is the world’s first government-backed gold ETF, with the majority of the fund’s gold vaulted at the Perth Mint.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2019-07-16/World-s-Biggest-Gold-Coin-Makes-History-In-New-York.html

anyone feeling safe here?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

I was wondering who was paying for the 1 ton gold coin, they used to promote the fund... I hope not the holders of the ETF.

Also can one just open an account at the perth mint? Skip the etf?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know there is profit to be gained in ETF's... but I like the hard gold...just getting to old to play the games....and too comfortable... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer investing in my own business. If I fail, oh well. At least I can't blame the government for buying gold.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure that the Perth Mint people are very nice people, but I'm staying over here with my stuff.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.