Home Precious Metals
Options

Yippee!

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice day. :)

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why silver is so happy the past two days.

maybe playing catch up ?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

can't complain, gold is on a tear

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

maybe playing catch up ?

Haven't been watching the price much recently... but you are right! Up 2% today... looking a $16 per ounce. But of coarse it can go back down just as fast...

----- kj
  • Options

Any special news on why metals are doing better? I have seen some articles regarding some empty shelves starting to show up in supermarkets... perhaps due to combination of farming/flooding issues and trucking businesses closing up; so perhaps there is some anticipation of inflation?

----- kj
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:
    Any special news on why metals are doing better? I have seen some articles regarding some empty shelves starting to show up in supermarkets...

Where have you seen such articles?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:

@MsMorrisine said:

maybe playing catch up ?

Haven't been watching the price much recently... but you are right! Up 2% today... looking a $16 per ounce. But of coarse it can go back down just as fast...

A rising tide floats all boats I think applies here. Of course the opposite can occur. I'm sticking with gold for now. Stack on.

• Options

@cohodk said:

@tincup said:
    Any special news on why metals are doing better? I have seen some articles regarding some empty shelves starting to show up in supermarkets...

Interesting... I've done a search to relocate... and the references are now gone. A couple of hits that remained had a message similar to 'invalid link'. It was just this morning where the article came up (I think originally it was on ZeroHedge, which I know does not always meet your seal of approval); but now only things I can find are broken links and youtube video showing the sign from 3 days ago. Appears these may have been taken down, for whatever reason; not putting on my tinfoil hat but will say it was not my imagination.

The Walmart signs said " PRODUCT SHORTAGE due to limited availability we are experiencing product shortages across this category. We are working closely with our suppliers to get these items back as quickly as possible. EFFECTIVE DATES July 2 - August 9th".

There were quite a few comments with the article; multiple type items were effected but the major one was the canned vegetables. Other comments indicated other stores were showing similar lower quantities, etc.

I suspect main culprit may be the trucking issues going on. But it is odd where I can no longer find much on line about this.

----- kj
  • Options

BTW... the link I posted above is the actual article... but nearly all of the links referenced in the article are now gone, as well as the photos. The one photo that impressed me was of southeast Nebraska.... showing an overhead view of what it looked like in 2018... beautiful, productive growing crops and very green.... and a photo next to it showing what the same area looks like now... all brown, little no crops, destroyed crop land due to flooding. (Being in Nebraska, I can attest that flooding is still ongoing along the Missouri, with roads closed due to damage).

----- kj
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:
    BTW... the link I posted above is the actual article... but nearly all of the links referenced in the article are now gone, as well as the photos. The one photo that impressed me was of southeast Nebraska.... showing an overhead view of what it looked like in 2018... beautiful, productive growing crops and very green.... and a photo next to it showing what the same area looks like now... all brown, little no crops, destroyed crop land due to flooding. (Being in Nebraska, I can attest that flooding is still ongoing along the Missouri, with roads closed due to damage).

Even with the cropland not producing nearly the same bushels this year, we are far from a shortage. If we were in a shortage crop prices would be on the rise, they are doing the opposite. Due to technology in the field we have been able to produce such a stockpile of grain it would take years of poor crops to see a shortage and rise in crop prices. Of the acres I own about 15% went unplanted this year due to heavy rains. These acres were also went untilled over winter due to a late fall and early snow fall, which left the ground saturated, perfect storm really.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@tincup said:

I recently saw one over at tinfoil hat dot com. No shortages to report up here in gods country. The crops are flourishing.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

Prancing unicorns and rainbows everywhere. :)

----- kj
  • Options

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2019 9:17AM

Lansing, MI isn't in the same section of farm country as Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana. A Walmart shortage isn't the same as a couple of grocery stores in Michigan short on stock because of getting hacked.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    Lansing, MI isn't in the same section of farm country as Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana. A Walmart shortage isn't the same as a couple of grocery stores in Michigan short on stock because of getting hacked.

Sounds exactly like the kind of story that would/could/will be twisted. We know we all love alternative facts. Lol

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Foreign governments want more Gold than the US perhaps?

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold and silver continuing their upward run....still have not seen a good reason for this... There are people somewhere that know something....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

Keep going up. I wouldn’t mind selling a bunch if it ever gets to $40+.

Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:
    Any special news on why metals are doing better?

This might be the trigger:

Deeper Fed rate cuts?

This could also be the reason the dollar is down today.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

@ricko said:
    Gold and silver continuing their upward run....still have not seen a good reason for this... There are people somewhere that know something....Cheers, RickO

More buyers than sellers.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

anyone remember "let the good times roll" by the cars?

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2019 9:07PM

I would always look first to the bond markets. How's liquidity these days?

Possibly due to the expectations for lower rates to rescue a slowing economy in spite of jawboning to the contrary.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.