Home Metal Detecting
Options

New type of detecting I hadn't heard of....

SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

....'magnet fishing'.

Go ahead and get wet and have some fun but don't blow yourself up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-48993141?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_leicester&ns_source=twitter&n

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have heard of it... though never tried it. Recently saw an ad for super magnets to do just that....Have heard of people recovering outboard motors this way too....also handguns have been retrieved this way. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've watched the English TV shows for a couple of years now. Fun to watch. Seems most productive under bridges in the canals. Son and grandson have tried on their lake and have gotten a lot of rusty fishing gear.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use a rare earth magnet rated at 250 lbs. attached to 500 lb test paracord. Off docks is where all the rods, reels, pliers, knives, etc. are lying just waiting to be found. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall