I don't think I'll ever sell her.

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting a" Scarface" in a PCGS Slab. :wink:

• 🤗

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool and unusual reverse toning.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not know how the reverse tarnished like that... I would like to know.... So I can be sure not to allow any of my coins to enter such an environment.....Cheers, RickO

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I do not know how the reverse tarnished like that... I would like to know.... So I can be sure not to allow any of my coins to enter such an environment.....Cheers, RickO

I actually like that reverse. :o

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent coin!

Collector, occasional seller

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

Almost like a quarter was laying on top of it for a very long time in a leather purse

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• CryptoCrypto Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:

@ricko said:

Almost like a quarter was laying on top of it for a very long time in a leather purse

Ah the leather purse schtick. Someone must have made a mint selling all the leather purses I have heard about as the origin of otherwise questionable toning.

If I had to wager a guess it was dipped and put into a cheap cardboard coin display or holder as a slider-ish common date in a coin shop in the 80s before the Vam craze.

• No. Old wood coin train with no liner. The raw wood probably created the environment that oxidized the coin around the backing.

• oldgoldloveroldgoldlover Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

I wonder if a smaller coin laid on top of the dollar for many years while the coins were in a vault.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

She's a beauty alright! Love that variety!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file