Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay bucks offers

Has ebay officially done away with their 8-10% ebay bucks offers?

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you hear that?

Arthur

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ReggieCleveland said:
    Where did you hear that?

Arthur

I think that was posed as a question. A question we might all be wondering since we haven't seen anything in quite some time. I am anxiously awaiting any promo to pick up a couple of things. I know I'm not the only one.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Have not heard this, hoping it’s false

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

should be one coming on the 22nd or 23rd

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

It's pretty normal, after the quarter is done and they issue the ebucks rewards, that we don't see bonus bucks offers until near the end of the month.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@lahmejoon said:
    It's pretty normal, after the quarter is done and they issue the ebucks rewards, that we don't see bonus bucks offers until near the end of the month.

This

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon prime day tomorrow? Something will be happening as a result.

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dan89 said:

You would think. But if I were eBay I would have blown out a 15% off coupon today and gotten everybody's money before Amazon even had a chance tomorrow.

Arthur

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

@ReggieCleveland said:

@dan89 said:

You would think. But if I were eBay I would have blown out a 15% off coupon today and gotten everybody's money before Amazon even had a chance tomorrow.

Arthur

It seems part of ebay's strategy is to make sure people blow their ebucks certificates before offering another promotion. Otherwise, they potentially are giving away ebucks on ebucks. I'm sure there is an underlying cost associated with this - people are more free to spend the ebucks than to spend their own money, so why give buyers an easier way to generate more freebees on them? I think quite a few of us end up spending the money anyway, but for those who wouldn't, it makes sense for them to wait to roll out an incentive. It would be interesting to see the analytics on this.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

Typically, you should not expect to see a ebucks offer until the last week of the month at the beginning of a new quarter. They generally like to try and wait until everyone spends them until they bring out the new offers.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread scares me. If you're on a budget, no Ebay bucks is a terrifying thought. I've already had to cut back on food just to save money for cards. I pluck a few leaves off of a tree, and cover them with mayonnaise as a substitute for the chef salad with ranch dressing I used to love so much. The things I do for Joe Louis.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received an 8% eBay bucks offer this morning at 7 a.m sharp. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on July 31.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it.

Andy

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn’t get it this time. Hope you add something nice to those that did!

• Options

I got it as well ty for the heads up

• Options

Got it 👍

• Options

Just showed up for me at 11am. Needed it!

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got it too. FWIW, here's how Bucks works for an Best Offer made prior (yesterday), that wasn't accepted until after I had activated the offer today: I got the 8% according to my Bucks Activity. Probably not a frequently encountered situation, but hadn't seen it specifically discussed before.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this 8% good on every purchase up until July 31st at midnight or is it just a one time deal?

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Finally. Getting all sorts of things with this one. I think I'll pickup another 56T US Presidents for my wife.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing here.. :(

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Got it. Man it seems like it has been forever!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far I’ve only been able to take down a $10 card and get back 80 cents. I’ve sent messages on a couple of others, but sellers suck at responding.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

10 percent eBucks in app, 8 percent everywhere else, on purchases of $25 or more, starting August 5. I didn't catch the end date, so perhaps someone else can help out on that.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    10 percent eBucks in app, 8 percent everywhere else, on purchases of $25 or more, starting August 5. I didn't catch the end date, so perhaps someone else can help out on that.

Good timing - I have a few things I'm watching and can save the 10%

Expires: Aug 6, 2019 11:59 PM PDT

• Options

Nice. Got it. Won two items last night and wanted to wait until today to pay for them, hoping all along that an offer might pop up today. I love it when a plan comes together!

Andy

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:
    Nice. Got it. Won two items last night and wanted to wait until today to pay for them, hoping all along that an offer might pop up today. I love it when a plan comes together!

check your bucks... this doesn't always work out the way you hope if it is an ebucks rebate. CS may have to "help" you adjust. I am not sure if they deny some, but the software will undoubtedly classify it as the standard 1% until you say something.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:

It will seem like you are getting the bucks when you check out but you will get only the 1% in your account for any purchases made prior to activation of the promo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said: (paraphrased)....
    Is this good on every purchase or is it just a one item deal?

Got mine today and I have this same question as I'm looking at two items that would qualify from two different sellers.

Daniel
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:

@erikthredd said: (paraphrased)....
    Is this good on every purchase or is it just a one item deal?

Got mine today and I have this same question as I'm looking at two items that would qualify from two different sellers.

It's 8% on every purchase during the promotion timeframe.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

Or 10% if you use the eBay App :)

• Options

Got one on 7/29 (8%) and one today for 10%. Never this close in the past. ???

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2019 11:55AM

@DotStore said:

@erikthredd said:

Or 10% if you use the eBay App :)

There’s a $100 eBay buck limit per transaction and $500 total during the deal period, so spread things out if you have multiple items bundled that will exceed $1000, and don’t buy more than 5 of those and expect bucks back on each of them 😊

Jim

• Options

@burghman said:

There’s a $100 eBay buck limit per transaction and $500 total during the deal period, so spread things out if you have multiple items bundled that will exceed $1000, and don’t buy more than 5 of those and expect bucks back on each of them 😊

Keep in mind it's a $500 total for the entire quarter (Jul/Aug/Sep) :p

• Options

@grote15 said:

@ahopkins said:

It will seem like you are getting the bucks when you check out but you will get only the 1% in your account for any purchases made prior to activation of the promo.

I had a buyer hit a BIN last night and told me he was going to wait until today to pay to see if there was a promotion. I'm always fine with that since I like to save money as a buyer too. When he went to pay today it didn't give him the discount so I just cancelled the transaction and relisted so he could enjoy the bonus. $20 is $20. He was happy, he paid so I was happy.... and when there's bonus Bucks....everyone is happy!

• Options

Got the offer too

• Options
    edited August 13, 2019 7:21AM

Got a 10% bucks in app offer this morning.

Andy

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@ahopkins said:
    Got a 10% bucks in app offer this morning.

lucky duck. I do not see this one advertised everywhere as if others got same offer.

• Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

I just got the email within the last 5 min...woohoo

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woo hoo, just arrived here as well.

• Options

Just received it at 11 a.m. CST. 4 hours later than usual, but always better late than never!

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    Just received it at 11 a.m. CST. 4 hours later than usual, but always better late than never!

Interesting, because I received my offer much early than usual.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

Got it too

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Got it!

PackManInNC
  • Options

Another eBay Bucks offer this morning through August 21 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
    10 percent on items $25 and over, 8 percent on items under $25.

• Options

Got it.

Andy

• Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

Don’t they know they’re making me go over budget?

"You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got this offer - thanks for the heads up.

Picked up a really nice ‘54 Bowman Snider at a fair price. The bucks motivated me to ask a seller for a back scan. Probably would have bought this card before if one was included. Will post a pic in pick-ups once it arrives.