Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Should I try for a 10?

stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think should I try it again? Would it get a 10? I'm not sure why it is not a 10.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

Comments

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll never know until you try. If it burns inside you to know, crack it out and go for it.

Andy

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Beautiful card. Does the hologram on the back have to be perfectly centered? Just curious...

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a Griffey collector so forgive me if it’s supposed to be there but there seems to be a spot on the reverse; in the box in the upper right corner that houses the M’s logo...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    I am not a Griffey collector so forgive me if it’s supposed to be there but there seems to be a spot on the reverse; in the box in the upper right corner that houses the M’s logo...

That is TM for trademark.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019 7:03AM

@Gemyanks10 said:
    Beautiful card. Does the hologram on the back have to be perfectly centered? Just curious...

I dont believe it needs to be centered, and ive seen a few 10's with a small chunk of it missing. but its more likely to gem with it entirely intact. FWIW, ive cracked and resubbed 9's and got 10's. pretty subjective because its such a fine line. this card looks like It could be, but you would need to take sharper pics. your scans aren't good enough for us to tell.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno1 said:

@Gemyanks10 said:

I dont believe it needs to be centered, and ive seen a few 10's with a small chunk of it missing. but its more likely to gem with it entirely intact. FWIW, ive cracked and resubbed 9's and got 10's. pretty subjective because its such a fine line. this card looks like It could be, but you would need to take sharper pics. your scans aren't good enough for us to tell.

I agree with the above. I would crack and resub, not ask for a review.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • dictoresno1dictoresno1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

yea reviews can be a waste of money, I think they would be more objective on a crack and resub as opposed to reviewing someone elses work.