Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CU "Mid Rollers" FFL 2019 Year 4 is a go!

brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
edited August 4, 2019 12:22PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hey everybody, 2019 Fantasy Football season is almost upon us. We are gonna do the Mid Rollers League again this season on Yahoo. We had 12 teams last season and everyone has been sent the Yahoo invites for this years league. Please confirm in this thread if you are back in so I can mark you as confirmed.

The buy in is again $50 and the 12 team payouts will be the same as last season and are listed below. My PayPal email address is listed below with the directions included. If you are in again this year and are ready to send over your buy-in please go ahead and do so. As always once everyone is confirmed & paid we will have Yahoo do the random draft order so you can prep for the spot you ended up landing in the draft order.

Anyone new who is interested in getting in this year please post below that you would like to take an alternate spot. If anyone drops out from last season I will take alternates in the order that they post below. This is a re-draft league so everyone will start off on the same foot.

Also we may be launching another 10 to 12 team league this year with a $50 buy in so if we get enough new members looking for a league please PM me that you are interested.

CU Mid Rollers Teams: 2018 Team List w/ Yahoo Invites Already Sent Out...

1) brendanb438 (Commissioner) - Confirmed & Paid

2) slum22 - Confirmed & Paid

3) CocoaBeach Dodger$ - Confirmed & Paid

4) AC000000 - Confirmed & Paid

5)Tonylags - Confirmed & Paid

6) ugaskidawg - Confirmed & Paid

7) wolfbear - Confirmed & Paid

8) CPAMike - Confirmed & Paid

9) DotStore - Confirmed & Paid

10) Railside Cards - Confirmed & Paid

11) Porkins - Confirmed & Paid

12) Francart - Confirmed & Paid

RANDOM DRAFT ORDER

1. steve lum's ...
  2. LV TrolleyDo...
  3. UGASkiDawg
  4. Tony's Team
  5. Team USSR
  6. Giving the B...
  7. Cobra Kai
  8. wolfbear
  9. RailsideCards
  10. CPAnnihilators
  11. Porkins
  12. Rated Rookies

Alternates:

1) 1951WheatiesPremium
2)
3)

Payment Information

The buy in will be $50. Payment can be sent via PayPal Friends and Family (Gift) to brendanb438@yahoo.com. Please include your team name in the PP Friends and Family message with something discreet like, "Happy Birthday Brendan from team name". Thanks!!

Prizes will be as follows:

1st place - $350

2nd place - $200

3rd place - $50

Draft Information

Draft Type: Yahoo Live Standard Draft

Draft Time: Saturday August 31st 930 PM EDT

Significant League Settings

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Trade End Date: TBD

Waiver Time: 2 days

Waiver Type: Continual rolling list

Weekly Waivers: Game Time - Tuesday

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 20 to Dec 26 Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/RB/TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Scoring will be standard Yahoo scoring other than passing TDs= 6 pts and 20 passing yards per 1 pt. This will be a 1 point per reception league.

WAIVER RULES

There will be weekly waivers beginning with the first games on Sunday until Tuesday. The waiver priority will be determined based on the draft order and then will be a continual rolling list. Note that any player not drafted will be a free agent until the beginning of the season in case you need to use the auto draft and are not happy with some of your selections..

Comments

• Options

Looking to hopefully do better than last season, finished 7th out of 12 for my worst finish in the 8 or so leagues I was in last year. Looking back on my team dang I got tore up with injuries and some players who totally crapped the bed.

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

Can’t wait just sent over my payment, thanks again for running Brendan!

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to be an alternate

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Im in

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I’m in, looking forward to it.

Thanks

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Giddy up!

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭

I’m back and ready for some football.

• Options

Bump for the late night crew!

• Options

Count me in again & thanks to Brendan for a great job year after year.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

I am in again Brendan thank you. I will also be in for the CU B League that you run with Mike doing the A League.

Steve
  • Options

Paid; let me know if you didn't get it. Thanks.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

Just paid. In for another year. You do a great job running these leagues.

• Options

Paid & bumping

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d take an alternate spot if available

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Bump with everything updated in the OP based on the above posts.

• Options

In another league (Apex), I am ready to select a QB. I am considering Brees or Goff, anybody have an opinion on those two?

• Options

I like Goff more than Brees this year. Feel like Brees is gonna continue to be a feast or famine type of QB from game to game which isn't something you want in a yearly FFL.

If anyone is looking for some additional action I have a couple openings in a $75 12 team league from over on the CGC comic forums. It is a keeper league in which you can keep 0, 1 or 2 players. The manager of the team who finished 2nd last season just had to drop out this year and had 1 other manager drop out. This will be the 9th or 10th year for this league.

PM me if you are interested in more details and seeing the 2 teams you could pick from to take over.

• Options

Bump with updated confirmed/paid list.

• Options

Bump with updated list.

• Options

Can we have this draft on aug 25th either right before or after the other league?

• Options

@rtimmer said:
    Can we have this draft on aug 25th either right before or after the other league?

I’m not sure if I can pull off the 31st, as it is currently scheduled, but I know for sure I would not be able to convince the wife that she’s got the kids for 3+ hours on a Sunday evening, my apologies.

• Options

Paid up. Thank you Brendan.

Steve
  • Options

Hey guys when it comes to the draft last year it took I believe between 65 and 70 minutes from start to finish with the settings we used. Porkins can you get away with roughly an hour to an hour and 10 minutes?

Had a couple people PM me that they do not like the idea of doing this draft back to back with the League A/League B drafts so that doesn't look like an option.

Is anyone again a week night draft if we had to? Say move this to a Tuesday/Wednesday or Thursday during the last week of August or the Tuesday before the Thursday Night opening game?

• Options

Brendan,

The 3 hours I was referring to above was me talking about not being able to do this one back to back with the other league. Time is won’t be an issue with just one draft alone.

As far as weekdays, for me, I could swing Monday, Thursday, and probably Wednesday, but not Tuesdays.

Thanks very much

• Options

By the way, the Tuesday before the Thursday night game would work for me despite what I said above about Tuesdays, as I’m off that week.

• Options

I can do Mon-wed before Labor Day. Or we’d after

• Options

Bump.

• Options

I'm open to any time as long as it doesn't conflict with other dates/times

• Options

Bump I have everyone confirmed as back from last season and we have 2 folks still to send over their buy ins. Once everyone has bought in I will have Yahoo do the random draft order.

• Options

@brendanb438 said:
    Hey guys when it comes to the draft last year it took I believe between 65 and 70 minutes from start to finish with the settings we used. Porkins can you get away with roughly an hour to an hour and 10 minutes?

Had a couple people PM me that they do not like the idea of doing this draft back to back with the League A/League B drafts so that doesn't look like an option.

Is anyone again a week night draft if we had to? Say move this to a Tuesday/Wednesday or Thursday during the last week of August or the Tuesday before the Thursday Night opening game?

I work on the West Coast. Weekends are way better for me to be in a draft.

Steve
  • Options

Did anyone express a conflict with the time/day it’s currently scheduled (8/31 9:30 est)? I’ve been kinda holding off making solid plans that night in case you fell back to that, and it certainly jives with Steve’s weekend request.

• Options
    edited August 3, 2019 3:49PM

I think with everyones feedback for this league doing the 8/31 at 930 pm est is going to be what works best Porkins if you can swing it.

If this date doesn't work for someone I can refund your buy in and swing in an alternate in your place. Sucks trying to organize draft dates/times for 6 different online leagues.

• Options

Yes, I can make it work, thanks

• Options

@rtimmer said:
    I can do Mon-wed before Labor Day. Or we’d after

I still can’t do Labor Day weekend I guess refund my money if you’re not willing to change it.

• Options

Ryan seems that we are against a wall for the date/time so I am sending the refund to you right now.

• Options

Bump random draft order up on Yahoo and in the original post.

• Options

Good luck fellas

• Options

It is about time to rumble!!!

• Options

Well, not bad for a team with a C- draft report card which was the worst graded. Shows you how much the experts at Yahoo know?

I quote "Draft Summary
    LV TrolleyDodger$ was handed a solid draft position, and they dropped the ball. Even though they had the No. 2 overall pick, they're projected to finish 9th in CU Mid Rollers League. LV TrolleyDodger$ are looking at a final record of 5-8 (2,021 points).

Looks to me Yahoo dropped the ball, picked it up & threw a pick6! LOL :D

But, on a more serious note, thank you all for another competitive & exciting season. As always, great job by Brendan running a smooth league & don't forget a 2nd place finish.

• Options
    edited December 24, 2019 7:12AM

I agree; happy holidays to all. Nice year LV & Brendan; I'm kind of disappointed, I couldn't knock you off; but I can't complain with taking 3rd.

PS. Sorry Mike, Aaron Jones needed to step up last night

• Options

Congrats everyone on another great season and to Mike for taking down first place. Mike and Tony make sure to PM me your paypal email addresses. With the odd timing of Christmas Eve/Day I am moving money over to PayPal to get everyone paid and should have all payouts done by Saturday/Sunday. Looking forward to next year and hopefully having a team that doesn't crap the bed in the Championships!

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Yeah Tony, Aaron Jones went off like a firecracker in the second half. Losing Cook this week of all weeks didn't help me any but that is part of fantasy football. I did take the champtionship in two of my five leagues so it wasn't a bad year for me. Congratulations to Mike on a great year and thanks to Brendan for another fun season!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

Brendan, just sent my new email address. I was not sure if you got the first one as I accidentally put it on an old message.

• Options

Only been able to send out a couple payments so far, waiting for PayPal to give me access to a $2100 transfer they took out of my bank account on Christmas Eve. Right now it is saying I will finally have access to it by tomorrow at 1159 PM. I have everyone's info and payments will go out to the rest of you once PayPal releases the funds to me.

• Options

Sent out all payments via PayPal Gift just now. If you didn't get it let me know ASAP.