Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Gretzky Wagner Cert not showing up. Is this an error or was it intentionally removed?

I didn't discover it I saw it on twitter but I don't want to link to it because there is an image that I'm certain PSA wouldn't want here associated with it. @AFLfan is this an error or a conscious decision by PSA?

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve heard it is currently being reviewed.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

Quite possible. Didn’t consider that but wouldn’t that reopen a giant can of worms?

Kevin

• Options

@LOTSOS said:

@DBesse27 said:

Quite possible. Didn’t consider that but wouldn’t that reopen a giant can of worms?

I think the can is wide open already. And any card owner can request a review at any time.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

Absolutely they can. I guess I meant a very specific can of worms due to the statements made by Mastro. I would think that those statement would require its removal permently and the owner would be aware of this to so would it be a purposeful invoking of the price guarantee? I don't want to speculate any further until @AFLfan responds

@DBesse27 Just so I'm clear did you really hear that or was it a bit of comic relief?

Kevin

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LOTSOS said:
    @DBesse27 Just so I'm clear did you really hear that or was it a bit of comic relief?

See BO/N54 threads.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

That card is worth more because of it's history. I don't know how the price guarantee would benefit Kendrick. Even if it gets re-slabbed "Authentic" but still has the "Gretzky", label it will bring a ton.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@LOTSOS said:

See BO/N54 threads.

Thank You.

Kevin

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. You guys certainly keep me on my toes. Today I happened to be in the office (I normally work from home), so I just spoke to a few people. It is some sort of system glitch that is currently being fixed. If they haven't already fixed the issue, take a look at 00000002, 3, 4... You get the same response for all. The Wagner is not in-house and not being reviewed. Just a glitch that the IT department is working on.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

Thanks Todd!

Kevin

• Options

@AFLfan said:
    Wow. You guys certainly keep me on my toes. Today I happened to be in the office (I normally work from home), so I just spoke to a few people. It is some sort of system glitch that is currently being fixed. If they haven't already fixed the issue, take a look at 00000002, 3, 4... You get the same response for all. The Wagner is not in-house and not being reviewed. Just a glitch that the IT department is working on.

Wow, thanks for letting us now. I guess at this point I shouldn’t be amazed at the speed or breadth of the rumor mill, but it swept me up in its wake this time!

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@AFLfan said:

Wow, thanks for letting us now. I guess at this point I shouldn’t be amazed at the speed or breadth of the rumor mill, but it swept me up in its wake this time!

This. Too often facts seem to be missing in initial reports.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess the story of Kendrick having that card reviewed was just too wild to not want to believe. Shows how much everyone is shaken by all the altered cards that people would believe he might take a stand and send that card in.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:

@AFLfan said:

Wow. Thanks for covering for me AFLfan, but AFLfan is not telling the truth. The truth is that I bought the card, have cracked it, and am waiting for Wagner to sign it. After the signing, I will get it in a new PSA/DNA holder.

I hope your flux capacitor is working!

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:

@NGS428 said:

@1970s said:

@AFLfan said:

Wow. Thanks for covering for me AFLfan, but AFLfan is not telling the truth. The truth is that I bought the card, have cracked it, and am waiting for Wagner to sign it. After the signing, I will get it in a new PSA/DNA holder.

I hope your flux capacitor is working!

Even if it were working, would Honus sign a card that he didn't even want distributed ?

I would love to go back in time and give that T-206 Wagner to my son at a ball game, and ask him to go to Honus and ask for an autograph. I wonder what Wagner would do ?
    And that is the 64,000 question.

I think your odds are the same between making a time machine and getting him to sign that card back then.