Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Assembly time...

When the grading detail became available last Thursday, I noticed one of my bulk subs was in Assembly. (Stage 5). Not sure how many days it has been in assembly but is anyone else tracking the time to get a gauge on how long after it gets to this point before it pops?

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds soon, description represents PSA labels being printed and sonically sealed. I would have to say a few days

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dan89 said:
    Sounds soon, description represents PSA labels being printed and sonically sealed. I would have to say a few days

It sounds soon but there is the rub. There is another stage after that when grades are confirmed and checked. How long does that take? How long is the packaging line, etc. We shall see

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

I also believe that PSA only updates this page once a week. I could be wrong though.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had a 15 card order in Assembly since thursday morning.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1, 2019 1:13PM

One of mine just moved from Grading -> Assembly within the past hour. I can track from there. It's a two card crossover, so hopefully shouldn't take long.

ETA: I wonder if it's safe to assume at least one crossed? There shouldn't be a need for Assembly/QA1/QA2 if none did.

• Options
    kimo75kimo75 Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited July 1, 2019 4:12PM

Deleted. Grumpy day. Lol

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

@kimo75 said:
    I think the new status bar is just a fancy tool to make us all think things are moving along. Mine is in grading status and has been for over a week. It’s just a smoke screen until we start to see tangible results.

Kimo 75, do you ever have anything positive to say? This is definitely a step in the right direction, but again another post by you that’s anti PSA

• Options

Sorry won’t hijack the thread.

• Options

Update. Made it to Qa Check 1
    Whoop whoop

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rex,
    I'm in the same boat as you with my order went into assembly on thursday as well. Only difference is mine is a wax pack order. Didnt move yet to stage 6. Wonder if that makes a big difference being a pack. On bus day 97 in total.

• Options
    mnolan315mnolan315 Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm at shipping and still no grades popped

• Options

@mnolan315 said:
    I'm at shipping and still no grades popped

Guess you will be getting a surprise in the mail

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Mine was in the assembly zone on Thursday and today after lunch its in the QA 2 zone.

• Options

@54topps said:
    Mine was in the assembly zone on Thursday and today after lunch its in the QA 2 zone.

How many cards?

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

@handyman said:
    Rex,
    I'm in the same boat as you with my order went into assembly on thursday as well. Only difference is mine is a wax pack order. Didnt move yet to stage 6. Wonder if that makes a big difference being a pack. On bus day 97 in total.

I am in the same boat as you. Wax pack. Been in assembly stage since last Thursday morning. On business day 80.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options

I can tell you guys that I check my status way more now that the grading details came into effect.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

I still wait for the email "saying your grades are ready".

Steve
  • Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I'm on day 102....still in "grading"

Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

@54topps said:

How many cards?

just 15 from renewing my membership. Just checked this morning and it says being shipped but the grades still have yet to be posted.

• Options
    edited July 3, 2019 8:58AM

How does PSA handle a holiday week like this with their business days schedule? Would it just be the 4th off like most companies or would it be 4th/5th off because the way the week fell with the 4th on a thursday?

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    How does PSA handle a holiday week like this with their business days schedule? Would it just be the 4th off like most companies or would it be 4th/5th off because the way the week fell with the 4th on a thursday?

Closed 5th as well on main page

• Options

Just slid into QA check 2 a few minutes ago

• Options

@rexvos said:

@erikthredd said:

Closed 5th as well on main page

Thanks,that is what I figured.

• Options

@rexvos said:
    Just slid into QA check 2 a few minutes ago

Nice! (I'm also jealous). Still in assembly.

• Options

Pop today, but only 1/3 of my grades have posted :#

• Options

Cruel and unusual punishment

• Options

Just noticed they shipped Fed Ex instead of USPS which means a much later time of delivery in the day.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2019 4:32PM

I'm sensing a pattern here?

I'll be watching him in the derby.

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:

Me too. Need the rest of his friends grades appear though.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

@Stone193 said:

Was a really entertaining derby this year!

Here's a few of my "pulls" this year - Bregman likes me! Alonso was the winner and don't think I have an auto card of him?

Mike
  • Options

@Stone193 said:

@rexvos said:

@Stone193 said:

Was a really entertaining derby this year!

Here's a few of my "pulls" this year - Bregman likes me! Alonso was the winner and don't think I have an auto card of him?

Those finest are great looking cards

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    One of mine just moved from Grading -> Assembly within the past hour. I can track from there. It's a two card crossover, so hopefully shouldn't take long.

ETA: I wonder if it's safe to assume at least one crossed? There shouldn't be a need for Assembly/QA1/QA2 if none did.

FWIW, going to Assembly does not indicate a successful crossover. :'(

• Options

Move to "Grading"....it's getting close!!! B)

• Options

I jumped from Assembly (where I had been since the additional detail was added June 27 through yesterday) to QA Check 2. This is for a wax pack. A very rare wax pack. :-)

• Options

Still in QA Check 2 (fifth business day). I guess they are giving the label and holder a very close inspection. :)

• Options

I have 3 more bulls and 1 more regular sub at PSA now. Regular on day 25. Still In grading, 2 oldest bulks still in research. Newest bulk which was received in July has been in Assembly since Thursday am. Crazy how things work sometime.

• Options
    edited July 17, 2019 1:02PM

I have one bulk from 3/1 and one from 4/15.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

I stopped caring at the beginning of the month. My order has been there since mid March. It has been in assembly stage for weeks. Maybe I will get my order by Christmas.

• Options
    JimMeantJimMeant Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

I have a 1 card order that has been stuck on Stage 5 Assembly for over a week now. That must be a heck of a label they are printing 😑

-Collecting anything vintage
  • Options

It would have been a nice gesture to those of us waiting for months for PSA to forego the national and stay in CA to work on submissions. But they don't care about customer service at any level.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kimo75 said:
    I have one bulk from 3/1 and one from 4/15. Terrible service.

Your bulk from 4/15 is around day 71 of an estimated 85 business days. How is this “terrible service”? Your unreasonable expectations are not their problem. Come back when you’re at least a week over the estimated turn around, not when you’re 3 weeks shy of that mark.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    edited July 17, 2019 9:35AM

The one from 3/1 is terrible. When I paid them for their services both were estimated at 65 days. The 3/1 submission is at day 94. That is unacceptable even if they did decide to change the service levels on their own after I engaged their services.

• Options

@kimo75 said:
    The one from 3/1 is terrible. When I paid them for their services both were estimated at 65 days.

Simply not true. The estimate for bulk has been at more than 65 days since before 4/15. Have you called them? Reached out to Steve Sloan? Or do you prefer anonymous falsehoods and innuendo on an internet message board, which do nothing to fix your “problem”?

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

I’m not interested in a prolonged back and forth on this, so this will be my last post on the matter. No interest getting banned arguing about this.

I apologize (I guess) for my tone, but posts like yours annoy me. It’s been well documented forever that their turnaround times are estimates, and documented for at least a year that they’re regularly taking much longer than those estimates. To summarize: you knew the rules of the game, chose to play anyway, but now those rules don’t work for you, so you’re complaining that the game went the way that you should have known all along that it would.

We all hate the long waits. Patience is not a virtue I possess. However, it’s no secret these subs are taking forever. I ran a bulk sub that logged yesterday. I texted all participants and said that “poppage” after Dec 1st is likely. Because that’s reality, a reality we all accepted before I shipped the package.

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    edited July 17, 2019 1:01PM

done venting.

• Options

I agree with Dan. Just have to wait it out.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

@kimo75 said:
    Sorry won’t hijack the thread.

Hmm!

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever been on the inside at the PSA facility? I mean, seen what goes on there? I'm just wondering what it looks like. Are there hundreds of graders with stacks of cards? Or dozens of graders with unimaginable Everests of card mountains looming over them? Has anyone seen the process firsthand? I would love to take a tour of the facilities, spend a day with a grader, check out the "assembly line," etc. Where is Michael Moore these days?

Andy

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

@kimo75 said:
    It would have been a nice gesture to those of us waiting for months for PSA to forego the national and stay in CA to work on submissions. But they don't care about customer service at any level.

I almost spit out my lunch laughing so hard when I read this. Please tell me you weren’t serious