Home U.S. Coin Forum

2019 tovalu 150 th anniv. Periodic table 1oz silver

Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

65.00 graded 70 eBay pcgs 3000 mintage. Blah blah. My cat warned me. I never listen. My humble opinion is wow kinda cool coins being metal and chemical washing etc. just seems we owe something to the periodic table and pretty cool to spell 150 with elementals signs. Any thoughts?

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Comments

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019 3:18PM

You mean Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev, I presume.
    Here is his 1871 version:

And here is a modern, colorful version:

As for the so-called "coin," - trust your cat.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks he ordered it and I do at 17 with 1 eye he’s pretty smart 🙀thanks jzyskowski

• DreamcrusherDreamcrusher Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭

The ANA sells a laminated poster attaching money to the periodic table. Very well done.

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019 3:35PM

I just recieved a copy of the DK (Dorling Kindersely) book "The Periodic Table Book, A Visual Encyclopedia of the Elements", first published in the U.K. In 2017. 208 pages. While meant for school kids, it is very well done, really nicely illustrated, and highly recommended over any coin on the subject. $22 including postage. I learned some things from this book.

The arrangement of the Periodic Tables is well thought out, useful, and fairly important, but as a subject for a coin???

edited June 29, 2019 4:42PM

Gee I thought this was a forum on a you know ah coins ya coins sorry🙀jzyskowski seems the ANA found a way to relate the two. Nice poster! I am struggling with not seeing any relationship to the periodic table. Thats like not seeing any relationship between oxygen and breathing. The table kinda lists most everything elementally speaking. No?

The ANA illustration is just a silly drawing - it has no relationship to numismatics. But if some like it, go ahead and buy it !

edited June 29, 2019 4:46PM

With the country's highest mountain peak being 15-feet above sea level (any Sherpas living near by?), and a population of 11,000, at least they did not issue a "National Skiing Team" commemorative. Maybe you should buy two "coins" before the place sinks into the ocean.... ;)

edited June 29, 2019 5:32PM

Now why would you want me to do that? Did you miss the part about celebrating the birthday of the periodic table. I don’t believe Tuvalu had much to do with that directly but back to original question 🙀jzyskowski my cat woke up read the post and said what about water skiing ?🐈😳🙀jzyskowski

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe this is a better view

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well now....That is a coin I will likely not acquire.....it does not 'speak to me' :D (reference to another discussion thread)... ;) Just no interest in this sort of coin... Cheers, RickO

• element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

For celebrating the periodic table with 'coins', I like these from Metallium:
    https://www.elementsales.com/ecoins.htm

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file