Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

From package received to coins being logged in.

robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it now take much longer than it used to. Up to as recently as a year ago, the time gap was only a few hours..........1 day at the most. My last two packages, which contained 2 or 3 submission (as is normally the case) took several days. My current one has now been at PCGS for a week with no login in sight.

Just wondering if others are finding the same delay?

Comments

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

USPS tracking shows my submission to have been received on Monday, the 24th. But it does not show in my account yet. I have heard that PC is back logged by a week. So I can assure you that you're not the only one!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 or 3 days is about right.

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order acceptance is a multi-track operation for a TPG. Bulk processing for various retail sellers is a predictable operation controlled by US and foreign mint product introduction and sales. This is were most staff are employed and the nature of the business gives it priority. Customer orders split into two tracks: individual/small dealer submissions tied to product introductions; and, random submissions of miscellaneous coins and medals.

It likely takes much longer per random submission processing than for a dozen or more bulk items.

The effect is that unless the TPG has trained supplemental staff readily available, the random submissions will wait until regular employees have completed a large portion of the bulk work.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received last Friday. Nothing yet.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last submission took 8 days from received until it hit pending orders, then another couple of days to get logged in to the system as an order

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2019 3:26PM

My last submission took almost a week from received to accepted. That was a couple months ago.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine took a week to log in. BUT, I got results in like 5 business days thereafter, for a regular sub. Pretty quick once logged in...

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just this week it was 10 days!! I called and it was logged in the next day. No need for it to be that long

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A quote I have admired and keep close.... Cheers, RickO

"Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears." Barbara Johnson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file