Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Great American Treasure Hunt Finds?

JimWJimW Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭

There was considerable hype about this earlier in the year. Have their been any reports of supposed finds of these coins in circulation? Maybe I just missed that thread... :o

Checking my change near Philly hasn't come up with anything; although yesterday I went through about $20 in change my daughter set aside about 4 years ago from college and found a '53 wheat and '43P silver 5c !

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

Comments

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

The proverbial needle in a haystack

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

many of them are not making it past the roll hunters.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do check my change... but in this little corner of the world, I expect only the occasional wheatie or dateless Buff...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimWJimW Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭

While it is all good for promoting coin collecting... it is interesting how much hype there is leading up to the event... but then no follow up at all.

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• Options
    Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

I released over 100 coins into the wild in WI (Milwaukee, Franklin, Greenfield and Madison), but have not found anything in
    my change. I don't use much cash, though, so I'm not expecting to find anything, really. I would like to hear stories about what people found. But, an average person on the street who happened upon a Mercury Dime or Buffalo Nickel would likely have no idea that his/her find was part of the Great American Coin Hunt.

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Likely not from the Great American Coin Hunt, but I did get 24 rolls of wheat cents from the credit union the other day - dates range from 1911-1958. The rolls and condition of the coins suggest they were circulation plucks from the 1960s.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file