Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Roman Booteen replica s found

Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Question was asked where and how much. One avenue seems to be bullion exchange. A $600.00 for 2017 very cool 2 peso / dollar trap🙀jzyskowski

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2019 5:59PM

Whaaat?

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're offered by numerous sellers now. Just takes money. It seems the original artist isn't getting any money at all for the copies. I'd rather have lots of other stuff.

• Options

Thx. That's better.

I was trying to figure out what a "replica s" was.

I wonder if he patented or copyrighted it. As an artwork it has copyright protection automatically, but that is a US law.

P.S. - is "bullion exchange" a specific company (in which case it should be "Bullion Exchange") or just a generic place? :/

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2019 3:33PM

Ok please read “this is the show “ link. The artist doesn’t like the term copy. The new owner has permission to make replicas ands ya. Grammar freaks. Capital B. Capital🙀💕jzyskowski Bullion Exchange. NY. Got up from my nap damn cat was laughing like crazy! Bullion exchange ( no capital e ). Some days eh?🙀jzyskowski

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

I found the listing on Bullion Exchanges.

Some selected details from the site:

•Authorized, permitted reproduction of Roman Booteen's original Trap Coin
    •Bezel, Jaws & Trap cast from 20 grams of 925 silver
    •Limited to ONLY 999 replicas
    •Includes the original Morgan Dollar
    •Consists of the original Dos Pesos 1/20 troy ounce gold coin

What I gather is that it is not made from an actual Morgan Dollar as was the original, but rather is cast from sterling silver. (And then they give you a real Morgan Dollar separately).

I don't know what the original purchaser paid for the real one, but if they sell out of the edition then the revenue will more than pay for the price of the original. A brilliant marketing plan all the way around.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file