Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Speakin a eBay.............

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long have eBay sellers been able to see who views their listings?

Comments

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2019 4:14PM

Wow. Never knew that.

Edit: Just took a look at a non-coin listing. I can't find where to see that.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been on/off ebay for many years...I did not know the seller could see who is looking their stuff for sale/auction.

I can not seem to locate this ability in my listings.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2019 4:19PM

I was unaware of this but for some reason it doesn’t surprise me. (I have not sold on eBay) for the record EDIT * I only buy on the bay

• Options
    edited June 25, 2019 5:26AM

I've had a couple of messages [one today] offering me a discount on coins I've looked at there. It was recent enough that I wondered if they actually knew that I looked at it.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2019 4:41PM

@amwldcoin said:
    They can't. If your talking about getting an offer from a seller ebay is doing this without the seller knowing.

Edit to add...ebay offers sellers the option of sending offers to watchers.

@BAJJERFAN said:
    How long have eBay sellers been able to see who views their listings?

This...I have done as a seller and a buyer.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sending offers to interested buyers

If you want to encourage buyers interested in your items to make a purchase, you can send them offers. Here's how:

1 - Go to My eBay Selling or Seller Hub Active selling.
    2 - Select Send offer beside the item (or if you're using Seller Hub, select eligible to send offers, underneath the watched item).
    3 - Select an offer price.
    4 - Add a message to buyers.
    5 - Select Send offer to buyers.

The offer will be sent to the most recent watchers of the item (up to 10 watchers). The first buyer to accept the offer gets the item. If nobody accepts the offer within 48 hours it expires.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sellers can see the number of watchers but cannot see who they are.

Seller then can offer all the watchers a special price. First to respond gets it.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

simpler to just lower the buy it now price. All watchers will get a message from ebay saying the price has been reduced.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2019 1:41AM

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    when I have watchers, I raise the price :D>:)B)o:)

I've seen sellers do just this many times. I will not buy from a seller who does this.

Edited to add: I once sent a message to an eBay seller that was away on vacation to let him know I was interested in the coin and to please let me know when he returned. When he returned, he sent me a message. I went to purchase the coin and he had raised the price from $285 to $485. Needless to say that I didn't buy it.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never received a 'special offer' on an item I was watching.... That would be nice....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    when I have watchers, I raise the price :D>:)B)o:)

Remind me to never watch your auctions!

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

• Options

I sell on eBay and it gives me the option of sending an offer to a customer that still has an item in their watch list it does not give me the option of raising the price did actually ask if I want to lower the price

• Options

@Top2018 said:
    I sell on eBay and it gives me the option of sending an offer to a customer that still has an item in their watch list it does not give me the option of raising the price did actually ask if I want to lower the price

You can raise the price simply by editing your listing, no? The idea of contacting a watcher is to see if they would buy it at a discount [a fast nickel beating a slow dime approach] not asking if they would like to buy it for more.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2019 4:05PM

I had some common date slabbed MS63 slabbed morgans lowered price to bid plus 10 pct they sold out in coupla days.

At show last week bought 2 Ms63 PCGS Morgan’s and PCGS Peace MS64 generics from wholesaler setup near me for $105 (for all 3). These so cheap.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    simpler to just lower the buy it now price. All watchers will get a message from ebay saying the price has been reduced.

And then the negotiations reset from there. Seems like whatever price something is listed on ebay, people tend to believe it is simply a starting point that naturally only goes down.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:

@derryb said:

And then the negotiations reset from there. Seems like whatever price something is listed on ebay, people tend to believe it is simply a starting point that naturally only goes down.

This

I had 8 watchers on a commem at $179. So I used the send an offer option to sell 8 at 169. The only response I got was one of them offering 160.

I don't know what they think i can buy these for. At 169, i was making less than $10 on the coin.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Offers on eBay can be interesting. I had a coin listed for $100, past sales of similar pieces were between $90 and $120. Received an offer for $20 and countered it with $90. Response- "Let's meet in the middle at $55." I told him if he wants to meet in the middle, I'm starting over at $250. Never got a reply, go figure. :#

• Options

@Cougar1978 said:
    I had some common date slabbed MS63 slabbed morgans lowered price to bid plus 10 pct they sold out in coupla days.

At show last week bought 2 Ms63 PCGS Morgan’s and PCGS Peace MS64 generics from wholesaler setup near me for $105 (for all 3). These so cheap.

At the risk of appearing as rude, I would ask why do people even want stuff like that? Even more foolish is that people keep submittin em.

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2019 11:53AM

oops

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2019 10:57AM

Big brother's cousin is watching you watch me. He wants you to buy instead of window shop.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@Cougar1978 said:

At the risk of appearing as rude, I would ask why do people even want stuff like that? Even more foolish is that people keep submittin em.

But I thought they would grade MS67. I cracked them out of third world holders that said they were MS67. :open_mouth:

• Options

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Big brother's cousin is watching you watch me. He wants you to buy instead of window shop.

I was lookin back to see if you were lookin back to see if I was lookin back to see if you were lookin back at me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file