Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1969 s ,needed opinion

Jcb23000Jcb23000 Posts: 75
edited June 23, 2019 3:56AM in U.S. Coin Forum

hello to everyone...Hope all is okay😊😊😊...just confuse with the this 1969... i got it yesterday... pls look at the reverse side...inside the monument there are lots of abstract or...i dont know what it is... is it error or damage...also infront... the date number 9 have a line on top of it? is it called damage?.. just want double opinion from members... thank you and God bless all.

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not know, maybe try the Q&A Forum :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t see any mint-made errors or anything else that would make the coin worth more than face value.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears you have a well traveled coin with visual evidence of a rough journey. No additional numismatic value. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Lincoln Memorial Cent that is worth exactly one cent.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jcb23000

A cool resource, book, is the CherryPickers’ Guide. It has a list of all kinds of fascinating things about coins. There are many pictures and gives you an idea of what a coin with an anomaly maybe worth.

Get yourself a copy or borrow one from the library or friend. You’ll not regret it since it appears you are looking for these type of things on coins.

Good luck have fun.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1006619/resources-books-to-read-on-numismatic-series-and-varieties/p1

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a free resource. It's not as comprehensive as the CPG but it should answer many of these questions about doubled dies and RPMs.

http://varietyvista.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file