Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone notice that message threads are not being updated?

RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 22, 2019 1:27PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Over the past few days, I've noticed that some message threads are not showing new posts or updates, which means they are not being cycled properly on the menu pages. Anyone have a thought on this?

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t noticed.

Can you link some examples?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far, everything seems to update for me.

• Options

Here's one I noticed: "Private possession of old coining dies - a little background."

Menu correctly shows 6 replies, but the last reply date/time stamp is wrong. Since it's my thread, I don't care much but it might be important to other threads asking for special information or questions.

• Options

OK. Maybe I'm just hitting the wrong keys - or saying the wrong things to Victoria.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:
    Here's one I noticed: "Private possession of old coining dies - a little background."

Menu correctly shows 6 replies, but the last reply date/time stamp is wrong. Since it's my thread, I don't care much but it might be important to other threads asking for special information or questions.

I have noticed a version of this on occasion, where the menu may say 1 reply but I open it and there are many replies

• Options

Sounds like what I see on some threads. Leads to potentially interesting topics being ignored.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2019 2:04PM

@RogerB said:
    OK. Maybe I'm just hitting the wrong keys - or saying the wrong things to Victoria.

Damn, and I always called her 'Alexa'. No wonder she always plays new wave disco music. Yes also, it's not updating the posts here either.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RogerB said:

Interesting, the timestamp seems to be from your first post.

I posted as did others without updating the timestamp.

• Options
    edited June 22, 2019 2:28PM

...you can also call her "Kamala" as in the Star Trek metamorph.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that on the counter for "My Discussions", it has recently gone up by six or seven during a time that I have started zero new topics. That is a head scratcher...

• Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2019 3:46PM

I have gotten several email notifications advising me of added comments to a thread to which I had never posted. That seemed strange as well.

What is really odd is that I have never gotten such email notifications as to added comments on the many other threads to which I have either started or to which I have contributed.

• Options
    kbbpllkbbpll Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed in the past day or two a message pops up that says so-and-so posted a reply or whatever, and I go there and it's not there. @RogerB was one of them :smile: perhaps you've earned extra moderation. After 10-15 minutes and/or whatever else I did the new post did appear. Same scenario with one or two email notifications.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to be some anomaly occurring... random, but I have seen it occasionally.... I am sure, if reported, it will be addressed. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a rift in the space-time continuum........

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file