Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

considering a bid on this to keep me entertained...

coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
edited June 24, 2019 1:35PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Found this PCGS MS63 1922 Peace Dollar not sure why its so cheap, but considering what my high point should be, even tho it is fairly common I prefer PCGS slabs, I put a few bucks on but ill probably buy it if I can get it for $35

all around collector of many fine things

Comments

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's got a lot of time left.....Looks like 8 days.......
    Here's one, although not a great looker, for 33.50...
    https://ebay.com/itm/1-1922-Peace-Silver-Dollar-PCGS-MS63-AvenueCoin/233262059800?hash=item364f809118%3Ag%3A3qYAAOSw6QJdCcWK&LH_BIN=1&frcectupt=true

• Options
    edited June 27, 2019 10:32AM

@thebeav said:

Nice I will keep that in mind if I get outbid I might just pick it up, I am also bidding on a few other items in their auction which are going pretty cheap so far, hopefully I dont get run over

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure why, but Peace dollars seem to be holding good price levels....I looked at a couple of '21's... no bargains... at least not that I would consider... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Not sure why, but Peace dollars seem to be holding good price levels....I looked at a couple of '21's... no bargains... at least not that I would consider... Cheers, RickO

Thanks Rick, I agree and like Morgans they are definitely a coin that is always popular with new collectors, they just have that wonderful appeal and are generally easy to obtain. I am bad with auctions tho I usually go overboard... at least I have a house full of valuables, empty pockets and an angry wife, Life's good.

I am also going to try to get this 1887S half eagle off that same auction looks like the action is slow so should be easy pickin's, if I submit that what do you think the top grade would be?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpro76....Based on the pictures.... anywhere from AU58 to MS62....Good luck, and let us know if you win. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @coinpro76....Based on the pictures.... anywhere from AU58 to MS62....Good luck, and let us know if you win. Cheers, RickO

Yeah I think so too, the auction ends Sunday so ill have the day off, updates to come

• Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:
    https://ebay.com/itm/1-1922-Peace-Silver-Dollar-PCGS-MS63-AvenueCoin/233262059800?hash=item364f809118%3Ag%3A3qYAAOSw6QJdCcWK&LH_BIN=1&frcectupt=true

All auctions start cheap, not sure where you think that dollar should be 8 days out. Its a fairly meaningless date and grade combo. The 33.50 one is much nicer.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're not talking big money here but I wouldn't pay $30 for that coin. The cuts to Liberty's face are more than I can tolerate. For a few dollars more a better example can be found.
    Lance.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

The fees are going to kill you on this: Foreign Transaction Fee, 15% Buyers Premium, international shipping approx. $20.

• Options

@djm said:
    The fees are going to kill you on this: Foreign Transaction Fee, 15% Buyers Premium, international shipping approx. $20.

Yeah you are right, but I do try to factor all that into my bidding, I have bought from other auctions on that same auction site before and managed to pick up gold and silver at less than spot even after the premiums, there is some good stuff on there so I will try to get it cheap if I can, I will let you guys know how it goes, I trust the community and I appreciate the input, Thanks guys!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpro76 said:
    at least I have a house full of valuables, empty pockets and an angry wife, Life's good

• Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2019 12:55PM

@coinpro76 said:

@djm said:

Yeah you are right, but I do try to factor all that into my bidding, I have bought from other auctions on that same auction site before and managed to pick up gold and silver at less than spot even after the premiums, there is some good stuff on there so I will try to get it cheap if I can, I will let you guys know how it goes, I trust the community and I appreciate the input, Thanks guys!

So $1 bid on this coin should put you at about breakeven

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file