Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A possibly boring thread about my afternoon at the LCS

thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I admit upfront this may be boring or not thread worthy. I'm just sharing for whatever reasons :D

I went to an LCS this afternoon. When I go to this particular shop I am typically just going to see if he has new and interesting 90%. As I walked in I saw that beyond the usual assortment he had a small plastic container with mostly Washington quarters. That is my main target, so that was great. He was about to start putting them in stacks of 10. I told him I would do that while I went through it.

It turned out to be just about $160. in face value. Out of all of that I ended up just buying 2.75 face, comprised of 8 better dates and three type B reverses.

I was pleasantly surprised that one of those type B quarters was a 1956.

I know going through all that 90% isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

LCS
    That's the second acronym I learned today.

Sounds like you had fun.
    Glad he works with you.

• Options

@Swampboy said:
    LCS
    That's the second acronym I learned today.

Sounds like you had fun.
    Glad he works with you.

This particular owner is great. Definitely my best brick and mortar coin relationship. I've been going for years and I really value both the coins and information I get from there.

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

LCS = Store owners who ride bicycles in the shop.

• Options

@RogerB said:
    LCS = Store owners who ride bicycles in the shop.

😂🤣🤣😂 Yes sir!!

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes two of us that learned something new today. While I'm still not exactly sure what a (or an) LCS is, the Type B quarters were something new that prompted some reading. Guess I need to go through my quarter stash and look for them. NOT at all a boring thread! :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

@Akbeez said:
    That makes two of us that learned something new today. While I'm still not exactly sure what a (or an) LCS is, the Type B quarters were something new that prompted some reading. Guess I need to go through my quarter stash and look for them. NOT at all a boring thread! :)

Local coin shop ( or card shop )

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where can I learn about the reverse types. Pictures would help.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds and the shop sounds like a great place to visit.... Sure wish we had a coin shop here. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow Thank you!!

• Options
    shortnockshortnock Posts: 372 ✭✭✭

Tibor, You can start learning about Type "B" reverses with the Cherrypicker book.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file