Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

12pc type set picture updated...

ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2.5, 5 & 10 Libertys have been upgraded recently and my friend just updated the picture for me:

Comments

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

That, is how you do that!

I love the composite image and the coin’s are tremendous. Great type set. Still digging the look of the type 2 dollar. :)

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool!

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

I'll take it!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭

I like the 1868 $3. Too many type sets settle for 54's and 78's.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way, WAAAAAAY nice my coin brother 👌🏻

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

You make me want to build one of these, looks fun. Thanks for posting!

• Options

@WildIdea said:
    You make me want to build one of these, looks fun. Thanks for posting!

It's a fun set to do!

• Options

@Kove said:
    I like the 1868 $3. Too many type sets settle for 54's and 78's.

Indeed! I was happy to get a better date....

• Options

@BryceM said:

I love the composite image and the coin’s are tremendous. Great type set. Still digging the look of the type 2 dollar. :)

That type 2 is still one of my favorites... :)

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019 2:37PM

@BryceM said:

While admittedly not as handsome as the Capital Plastic Display shown above, the PCGS Registry makes it easy to create something very similar - a Digital Album. Here's a hotlink to mine. Easy to update, and it shows the grade of each coin as well.

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/mysetregistry/album/121025

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice gold display... and the coins within are each very nice as well. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. The three upgrades really pop.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a very beautiful display, I really like the new $2.50 Lib. B)

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something like this only works if you have two things. Good coins and good photography. Great job so far. Future plans for the set? More upgrades or done?

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's really sharp looking.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding and nice work!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

JJSingleton Approved! B)

I have always said someday I am going to crack out my Dahlonega Type Set and put in a capital plastics holder. Just don't have the balls yet.

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JJSingleton said:
    I have always said someday I am going to crack out my Dahlonega Type Set and put in a capital plastics holder. Just don't have the balls yet.

You should know that the photos you see of @Asheland’s set is virtual, as he was given tremendous technological help by a good friend of his in creating these images from his coins in slabs. The coins are not actually raw in a Capital holder.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew that I was going to regret opening this thread...drool-worthy for sure!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking set.

I'd be proud to have that set!

• Options
    GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a grand accomplishment!

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really- now I gotta clean the drool off my keyboard.... fantastic!

• Options

@BryceM said:
    Something like this only works if you have two things. Good coins and good photography. Great job so far. Future plans for the set? More upgrades or done?

I'm considering the $20 Liberty, and possibly the 2.50 Indian... (both are 63)

• Options

Maybe 64 on the 2.50 Indian and 65 on a common date 20 Liberty... But I'm happy to keep the current ones if nothing comes along that I like better...

Thanks everybody for the compliments! :) I really appreciate hearing it and I've put a lot of effort into this set...

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent. I really like the arrangement of the coins - how the type 1 dollar is under the $20 Liberty and the type 3 is next to the $3.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are truly gorgeous gold pieces!

And I love the old school display!!

Very nicely done, my friend. B)

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love gold on black. Just lovely.

• Options

Thanks guys! :)

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome set !!!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gorgeous set.

• Options
    SimpleCollectorSimpleCollector Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Asheland, nice upgrades...As you know I have been building a similar set, so I follow your progress and upgrades. Curious if you are going to focus on continuing to upgrade, expanding to more gold, or complete this and move to a different project...Reason for the question is that I still look for coins that fill a hole, have look I want,at affordable price...Still struggling with the type 2 dollar and $3, but have recently found 2.5 classic and 5 classic...so I am expanding and even thinking of no motto & motto saint. And if you are staying on these 12, are these the classic 12 gold type coins....

Once again, it is nice to follow the progress. Great job!

• Options

@SimpleCollector said:
    Asheland, nice upgrades...As you know I have been building a similar set, so I follow your progress and upgrades. Curious if you are going to focus on continuing to upgrade, expanding to more gold, or complete this and move to a different project...Reason for the question is that I still look for coins that fill a hole, have look I want,at affordable price...Still struggling with the type 2 dollar and $3, but have recently found 2.5 classic and 5 classic...so I am expanding and even thinking of no motto & motto saint. And if you are staying on these 12, are these the classic 12 gold type coins....

Once again, it is nice to follow the progress. Great job!

Indeed it's been on my mind. I will likely upgrade the 1904 $20, I would like that in a 65. The $2.50 Indian maybe, but I won't unless one comes along that knocks my socks off! :D Even though it's only a 63, as you can see, it's quite nice for the grade, so I could be happy to keep it either way. The Saint, similar... Maybe if a solid 66 comes along I might upgrade that, too... (that's another one that's not a particularly impressive grade, but it's got MEGA eye appeal for a MS64)

Likely, just the Liberty 20 is all I'll upgrade at this point. I will likely expand to T1, T2 Double Eagles, maybe some classic head, no motto, etc.. It'll be fun no matter what. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file